Name That Song!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Exit

Name That Song!

Post by Exit »

I spent a long time going through all of my music floppies and hard drives in my various Amigas to sort them and rerecord them. Most were backing track songs for my music I released and performed live back in the 90s, but there are a mess of others that were ideas and not really intended to be released.

This song, though, I'm having a hard time determining whether I wrote this 5 block MOD or not. There are possible clues, and it seems more musical than I'd expect from myself in that era. Also, I have a strong memory of all the other tracks I composed 20 to 25 years ago, but not so much on this one.

The song is named "synth music?" which sounds like a name I'd give it, considering that these are mostly all OctaMed synth patches and not samples. I did made a lot of scratch-made synth patches in OctaMed, some are similar, but I don't know if this was an influence or my own.

Here is a track that contained similar synths:
http://lmc.howdymusic.com/Mouth-It/

Does this sound familiar to anyone else?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Name That Song!

Post by Vosla »

Reminds me of a SID from the disc magazine INPUT 64 but can't nail down which one. The latter half of the track doesn't remind me of anything at all, so the whole thing is new for me.
All is lost.
Exit

Re: Name That Song!

Post by Exit »

I wish we had a Shazam for chiptunes.