What Styles..

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: What Styles..

Post by Infamous »

Not sure what they call it elsewere its just been dubbed electro here.

Basically a 4tt4 drumbeat and an extremely loud bass pattern (usually and characteristically going out of sync and tune at various points to add erm.. variation).

have a look around for fedde le grands hand's up for detroit for the finger pointer*, that kinda started the whole trend and now everyone and his mum are copying it.. very few are actually any good.

* though personally speaking I think ferry corstens the one to blame with "punk" as thats where that bass noise seemed to first surface.. but thats just me theres a billion other people out there who would swear me blind and deaf to say different hehe.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Infamous wrote: * though personally speaking I think ferry corstens the one to blame with "punk" as thats where that bass noise seemed to first surface.. but thats just me theres a billion other people out there who would swear me blind and deaf to say different hehe.
I'm not sure if were talking about the same Extreme Bass, but the first band that I recall that took BASS to a higher level, was "L.F.O" by Warp Records and not the boyband. The Track was called "We Are Back" and it came with a disclaimer that you can cause speaker damage. I still have this CD in my collection and the room shakes when played back.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

nightmares on wax! and the hilarious "what is house" where according to them "technotronic" are a house outfit.. the word your looking for is SHIT.. not house .. ahem .... but yeah i know LFO very well (i come from all that dont i xD)

this isnt really a strong bass signature that gets played anymore its just ... i dunno lol, its so hard to describe without sounding a bit of a twat, Its x3 square (you can do a pretty accurate impression of it with the vangaurd as it goes) its heavily filtered and you have mid then -2 +2 for the other 2 squares, then fiddle in realtime with the decay etc and if you want it to go out of tune, just turn the bands to -1 +1 etc (see told you i'd sound like a twat).

I'll clip up something and stick it here to give everyone an idea what the heck im talking about lol.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Like that
Attachments
Cicada - The things you say.zip
(201.12 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
tEiS

Post by tEiS »

after YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS . .. of absence ..

i ADMIT .. that my house remix is UTTER SHIT! .. . i don't know what the problem was back then ..
but the mixing/mastering .. man, nowadays i'd fire the dude if somebody came up to me with such a mastering!

so yes, in these 8 years i've learned alot about mixing, mastering, transients and stuff like that.
and yes, i absolutely understand why that house remix of beams of light didn't really had a chance :)

i haven't done any remixes since then. only my own crap. until some weeks ago ..

i think the audio quality of that remix is galaxys better than the house remix :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Dont wait another 8 Years to do a remix :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

At least, he did not forget.
All is lost.