Ocean Loader 2 Remix

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Ocean Loader 2 Remix

Post by Mordi »

http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/wor ... WIP%5d.mp3
Those arpeggios are hard to get as nice as they are in the SID.
I think it has a nice sub-bass, so I hope you have a sub or nice bassy headphones.

What do you think?
Check out my website.
prof_ethan
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Ocean Loader 2 Remix

Post by prof_ethan »

like every other version of ocean loader........i love it!

like a lot the "solo" string part
and also the "transpose" second part of the song

btw......cant get to hear the subs with this headphones, I will listen it again @ home

what soft are u using?

hope to see it release it soon on remix.kwed.org

cheers from Argentina,
prof_ethan
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Theres a few off notes here and there but dont change them they give the remix character bollocks to the purists that'll complain about it if they want perfect notes tell em to go listen to the bloody galway version, the build up where it goes up a semi tone or two if you clean that up a bit so that it scales a little better (3:39) will be freaking EPIC maybe push the strings out a little more give it a flourish get the goosebumps going its got the potential to do that.

Like the laid back feel and the strings used are very vangelis (always a plus point for me vangelis > jarre), synths are bloody lovely so lovely i want to cuddle up with them on the sofa with a cup of tea. All the little blips and beeps spread things out nicely and keep interest (again on the build up they go a "little" off note wise but easily fixed)

The sub bass you mention is very subtle but I can hear it, very nice smooth sound to it.

Drums are nice too, got a good snap to the bassdrum, snare fits perfectly, nice use of the block too (underused instrument that) I really like the minimal approach to it, letting the rest of the sounds flow around it instead. This is a mighty mighty mighty fine remix and I reckon another favorite for many, you just keep on doing it don't ya :-D
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Very smooth indeed... how you keep track of all these projects at the same time, I will never know. Now go finish and polish Giana Sisters too... please?! :wink:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Hacky
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Hacky »

Like it! :)
Schlicky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Schlicky »

Mordi, this is awesome like ALL your mixes... You need ti do an album matey ! :cheers: