Please remake this cool Amiga tune!!!!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Please remake this cool Amiga tune!!!!

Post by Ziphoid »

You can get a better mp3/ogg of the original track using Exoticas mp3/ogg-renderer:

http://scenes.at/aq12b

...or render it into an mp3 yourself by using any mod2mp3-renderer...
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I wonder why "Classic" had a problem with... erm... Fairlight I suppose they are refering to in their scroller :?
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

Ziphoid wrote:You can get a better mp3/ogg of the original track using Exoticas mp3/ogg-renderer:

http://scenes.at/aq12b

...or render it into an mp3 yourself by using any mod2mp3-renderer...

thanks a million
h0ffman

Post by h0ffman »

I was thinking of remixing this but definitely not the in 100% style. That's the best thing about remixing, is you get to add your slant and style to something, in essence that is what remixing is all about. An interpretation of someone else's work.

Maybe someone should convince Noisia to remix this!!! That would be proper gritty!
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

h0ffman wrote:I was thinking of remixing this but definitely not the in 100% style. That's the best thing about remixing, is you get to add your slant and style to something, in essence that is what remixing is all about. An interpretation of someone else's work.

Maybe someone should convince Noisia to remix this!!! That would be proper gritty!

why dont u do both remake and remix ;)????
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Problem is, that at RKO you may not just do a cover, it HAS to be a remix... that's one of the rules... I don't know about AMIGA Remix though, but I bet it's the same? I once did a cover of the Highscore theme from Commando, and it was rejected because of this, so there may be no other way than to remix... unless you just post a link here that is :wink:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
h0ffman

Post by h0ffman »

retrogradepak wrote:
h0ffman wrote:I was thinking of remixing this but definitely not the in 100% style. That's the best thing about remixing, is you get to add your slant and style to something, in essence that is what remixing is all about. An interpretation of someone else's work.

why dont u do both remake and remix ;)????
Well, I've just started doing a remix of the Uridium 2 loader music.... maybe if I ever finish that, I'll get onto Introfronty 2
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

Sorry not a remake, just crappy remix. Still WIP, but might as well post it now as i really dont have spare time to finish it anytime soon.

Introfronty remix
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

^
hmmmm....well, the Track seems to be finished. The only thing you`d have to do is to replace this ugly Guitar and the Drum-Samples. :) (sounds like a Demo- (or unproduced) Version of a Metal Band ;)). But the Track itself stands,if ya know what I mean. X)

You really should finish this, grab some cool Guitar-Samples and replace the Drums into something more "Manowar-like" and it could be fine. :nod:
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Oh boy, did I love this song!
It's extremely monotonous but the gritty sound and cool drums kept me listening.
I agree with Razmo in that if remixing this song, the grittyness must be kept and the song don't have too much to build a full song from. But it's perfect for a crack intro.

Another nice tune by Dezecrator: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BDh4z5gis
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

please someone out there give it a try to remake the tune and lets see what turns up
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzr »

hm i am one of the persons who actually do more remakes than remixes. i often dont want to destroy the feeling that the original tune gives me, so i just uhm...convert em into year 2k :>

anyway, remaking that would not be that much of a work i guess. i dont know if i will do it so i just wish you good luck on finding someone.
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

Zzr wrote:hm i am one of the persons who actually do more remakes than remixes. i often dont want to destroy the feeling that the original tune gives me, so i just uhm...convert em into year 2k :>

anyway, remaking that would not be that much of a work i guess. i dont know if i will do it so i just wish you good luck on finding someone.
thanks but it would be great if you do it, its a small track and should take you a couple of minutes to do it i guess :lol:
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzr »

....could....not....resist....

try this one, took me about an hour or a little more.

http://verzerrer.net/wip/mx/zzr-introfr ... remake.mp3

i hope the extra reso-bass suits your wishes :> i couldnt leave it that empty as it was in the start.
by the way, i like raven squads version - sounds pretty cool. you didnt check it? its a good straight remake as you asked for.
cheers, Zzr

...All Glory to the Hypno Intro....oh wait