'Frontpage Issue 15' Dynasty Mix wip2

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

'Frontpage Issue 15' Dynasty Mix wip2

Post by AndyUK »

Tidied up the first part, changed a few instruments and started the second stage.. Guitars are live ( took my feeble guitar playing skills a long time too heh ), and a little loud in this mix, but I'm nearly there.. Any advice or comments would be appreciated, It's one one of the few remixes I've felt positive about doing in a while.

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: 'Frontpage Issue 15' Dynasty Mix wip2

Post by LMan »

You gotta love those synth fanfares! :) Suggestions for imporvement, hm, maybe the bass track is a bit feeble and less reverb would maybe clean up the mix a little. Then the main lead sound could use some variation, maybe switch to a different sound during bridges and such. Anyway I already love it as it is, keep it up!
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Yeah,some pretty positive vibes over here. :thumbsup:
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Ah, the good old 'Van Halen' synth! When have we not wanted to use it? And it feels a bit unfair that I never felt justified in using it for fear of some punters saying 'Aha, you want some reflected Van Halen glory'. That sound was out long before them you know!

I like this. It's good, it moves. The BBC would use something like this and so this tune also kick-starts some vague retro memories.

So, the whole package then?