Nibiru Lights

For those who want to post remixes from other platforms or show off their original work. Post them here!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Nibiru Lights

Post by Analog-X64 »

Razmo wrote: Thanks ANX64... I appreciate it, but please don't feel pressured to do it ok?... I just thought it might be something about loading my tune and press "run!" or something... :lol:

It's just that it could be nice to have the tune up on YouTube and see what people say... I've never had anything on YouTube before... feel free to write your credits in there as well, if you do anything...
I wish I could load and press run :) well as I learn what I'm doing it will be a bit easier.

So thats part of the idea of doing a video, so you can share on youtube.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

The creative fluids are strong with this one.
All is lost.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Vosla wrote:The creative fluids are strong with this one.
The tune is not on the server anymore, so how did you hear it? ... or where you being sarcastic? :D
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Razmo wrote:
The tune is not on the server anymore, so how did you hear it? ... or where you being sarcastic? :D
Sorry, should have pointed out that i ment Analog-X64 with his vids and stuff. He does that a lot and i stumbled upon this thread and read that again.
I'm sure that i had downloaded the tune back then but i had a bad HDD crash and don't know where it is now (somewhere on the backups). I only have 2012 on this machine right now.
All is lost.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Vosla wrote:
Razmo wrote:
Sorry, should have pointed out that i ment Analog-X64 with his vids and stuff. He does that a lot and i stumbled upon this thread and read that again.
I'm sure that i had downloaded the tune back then but i had a bad HDD crash and don't know where it is now (somewhere on the backups). I only have 2012 on this machine right now.
Ha ha... I see the reference now that you mentioned it :) ...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm still working on these video projects. They are just taking so long, because it takes me so long to learn how to do a simple effect that a coder can do in minutes, while it takes me weeks or months.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Analog-X64 wrote: They are just taking so long, because it takes me so long to learn how to do a simple effect that a coder can do in minutes, while it takes me weeks or months.
You should find out HOW these guys achieve the demo effects. 9 times out of 10 the 3D version is exactly the same and twice as fast as the routines built into your package of choice. The Amiga rocked for 'effects', worthwhile running through Youtube for old Amiga demo effects and how they created them.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

AndyUK wrote: You should find out HOW these guys achieve the demo effects. 9 times out of 10 the 3D version is exactly the same and twice as fast as the routines built into your package of choice. The Amiga rocked for 'effects', worthwhile running through Youtube for old Amiga demo effects and how they created them.
Here is an example:
Rotating Cubes or any object for that matter.
I can add a "Spin" behavior to the object, but only in 1 single Axis. X, Y, Z. So how to get that Demo Cube spin look? Nesting of the Object with this Behavior onto itself.
This is something that is not document. As a matter of fact, there is no Manual for the 3D Package I'm using. The story is, that the company that was contracted to write the manual, disappeared. There is a manual, but its for version 4 or 5. I'm on Version.

When I ask for help on some 3D Related forums, I'm either ignored or the solutions don't give the results I want, in the end I endup finding the answer on my own, but it takes a very very very long time.

It took me a month to figure this out and its still not perfect and to my liking.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Analog-X64 wrote:
AndyUK wrote: You should find out HOW these guys achieve the demo effects. 9 times out of 10 the 3D version is exactly the same and twice as fast as the routines built into your package of choice. The Amiga rocked for 'effects', worthwhile running through Youtube for old Amiga demo effects and how they created them.
Here is an example:
Rotating Cubes or any object for that matter.
I can add a "Spin" behavior to the object, but only in 1 single Axis. X, Y, Z. So how to get that Demo Cube spin look? Nesting of the Object with this Behavior onto itself.
This is something that is not document. As a matter of fact, there is no Manual for the 3D Package I'm using. The story is, that the company that was contracted to write the manual, disappeared. There is a manual, but its for version 4 or 5. I'm on Version.

When I ask for help on some 3D Related forums, I'm either ignored or the solutions don't give the results I want, in the end I endup finding the answer on my own, but it takes a very very very long time.

It took me a month to figure this out and its still not perfect and to my liking.

Nice :D :cheers:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

how are you creating this effect?? I threw together this in 5 minutes , and about 10 minutes render time..

In this case a simple spline object longer than the screen is wide, moved across the X, rotated along the other axis.. Nice and simple.. oh yeah same with the stars, just rotate a cloned plane of very small spheres. From another angle you can see the effect. :

The demo cube effect, you able to use key framing in the animation time line?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

AndyUK wrote:how are you creating this effect?? I threw together this in 5 minutes , and about 10 minutes render time..
I was throwing two rocks at each other, got bored went outside and started hitting a coke can with a stick.. :duh:

You just proved what I've been saying, what takes people 5-10 mins, takes me a month, I must be dyslexic. :rofl:

So when I first thought about what I wanted to render, and how the scene was going to look. I started thinking about how I would construct each element. Rotating the text is very simple, so the focus went to the spheres in a spiral path. The best way, would be some kind of replication at this point I'm not even thinking about the motion/animation aspect. Just creating the spiral path.
In Bryce you create amazing shapes out of objects using the "Multi-Replcate" option. In Carrara the Replicator does not have the flexibility that Bryce has, ofcourse I thought I can create the object in Bryce and export into .obj and import into Carrara. Well you cant export primitive objects created in Bryce (cube, sphere, torus etc..).

So I was back at square one, having spent some time trying to figure how to make a spiral shape out of spheres, there were several ideas that popped into my head on how to achieve this, but none were going to be easy.

So I did some research and landed upon a tutorial for Carrara showing how to do a staircase, and voila there was an process of Copy/Paste that I had not seen documented anywhere else. If you copy/paste an object and rotate the copied object slightly, the next pasted objects will rotate the same amount and so on... so the Spiral mystery in Carrara was solved.

Next was animating the spiral around the text, that in itself is easy as well, spin on Z Axis and Move along X Axis, but aligning the text and spiral visually was not producing pleasing results. Solution? Align Hot point of Text with Hotpoint of Spiral.

In Carrara by default and I'm not sure why, the hotpoint is not in the center of the object like any normal 3D Package, and I suspect they expect text be placed on a flat surface.

So I had to move the hotpoint of the text to the center and align with spiral.

All this research and trying to figure things out, takes a long time for me and chews up time.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

heh wasn't being flippant, the same balls/rotation could just as easily be done with a path animation.. Wasn't sure the way you did it that's all..

Does Carrara have a numerical input for clone/offset? how about the 3D view? all the screens I've seen show the one viewport? the 4 viewport window is my preferred method. Makes life easier to judge 3d space. oh and you know what, if you ever get stuck, give me a shout... If I don't know, 2 people kicking that coke can gets it a little further than one.. we'll muddle through..
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

AndyUK wrote:heh wasn't being flippant, the same balls/rotation could just as easily be done with a path animation.. Wasn't sure the way you did it that's all..

Does Carrara have a numerical input for clone/offset? how about the 3D view? all the screens I've seen show the one viewport? the 4 viewport window is my preferred method. Makes life easier to judge 3d space. oh and you know what, if you ever get stuck, give me a shout... If I don't know, 2 people kicking that coke can gets it a little further than one.. we'll muddle through..
Oh didnt take your post any other way :) I wanted to show my thought process and what I ran into doing it. Carrara has very crude path methods, again Bryce can do this better, as a matter of fact, one of the included set of paths that comes with Bryce of the box, has a spiral path :)
I even thought about taking a spring, making it hollow and pushing the sphere through that, but what I ran into was force/motion issues :)

The one I'm struggling with right now is Amiga related scene... Once I have the basics done I'll post progress. :)