Scarlet Mega Drive

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Scarlet Mega Drive

Post by Commie_User »

A real treat today as I found a Mega Drive with classic games at the charity shop. That plus Gamecube (with Sonic and Mario titles) plus classic 70s rock singles, all for £10.

They should actually have released a Sega with this colour scheme.
They should actually have released a Sega with this colour scheme.
spread.jpg (197.35 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
Full picture: download/file.php?id=643

Deep red was all I had in the house but it worked a treat on the grubby, scuffed-up machine. The noisy Mega Drive 2 was never satisfactory for sampling and now I can hopefully go nuts. The amended AV cable will help do just that.

I've actually just remembered about the games. I'll have to play those tomorrow.
I've actually just remembered about the games. I'll have to play those tomorrow.
Holts Vauxhall Carnine Red.jpg (32.72 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Scarlet Mega Drive

Post by Chris Abbott »

Now we'll have to call you "Captain Scarlet"...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I want one of these.

RetroN 3 Retro Gaming System for NES, SNES & Mega Drive - Red

The red RetroN 3 is capable of playing Nintendo, SEGA Mega Drive and Super Nintendo cartridges all from one console!

d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Now that is impressive. I never thought even one would ever be re-released, never mind three. The Internet says they only cost £69 too.

But I'd rather have my retro wall. The sports car colour scheme sets off the Sega well. Not bad for the only choice.
Come to think of it, I was thinking of the Captain Scarlet TV theme as I painted.
Come to think of it, I was thinking of the Captain Scarlet TV theme as I painted.
shiny.jpg (215.11 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
download/file.php?id=645

It's the joy of doing it and building a fine music machine. A good working retirement for consoles which, by rights, should have ended up in a landfill years ago. That's where we all thought they'd be by now.
I haven't even touched the Gamecube yet. That could also do with some paint if I'll sample it.
I haven't even touched the Gamecube yet. That could also do with some paint if I'll sample it.
Ferrari-ish.jpg (201.45 KiB) Viewed 6749 times
download/file.php?id=646

(And to answer the popular question, yes it is fine to run headphone out to amp line in. Same with Ipods, Game Boys, personal CDs and other low impedance outputs.)