Project Giana

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Project Giana

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Oo-er! The Project Giana remake (featuring music by Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy) has released a playable demo: http://project-giana.com/download/

The video walkthrough for level 1 looked pretty amazing, but sadly their Kickstarter is currently $26.113 short with 4 days to go: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... ject-giana

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Project Giana

Post by LMan »

What a shame. This is so much cooler than the Turrican Soundtrack project, which is overfunded.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Kickstarter fatigue,I guess. Is it me, or does fatigue over new exciting things set in quicker and quicker these days?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I take that back, having actually seen the figures, they did/are doing pretty well. Not really fatigue. It was a big ask though.

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Some of the grumblings I'm hearing about Kickstarter is projects that kickstarted a year or two ago and people complain that the goods are not being delivered or produced as promised.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X64 wrote:Some of the grumblings I'm hearing about Kickstarter is projects that kickstarted a year or two ago and people complain that the goods are not being delivered or produced as promised.
Knowing the human condition: not entirely surprising! Give people a ton of cash with no legal responsibilities and they'll sure find ways to spend it!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Yah! The Giana kickstarter made it. Which means that I get Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacys soundtrack in FLAC format. Yum! (Oh, and the awesome looking game too. But I doubt my PC would run it. I'm just here for the music. :nod:)

As for crowdfunded projects gaining somewhat of a reputation for not delivering, that's a risk you run whenever you preorder something from smaller independent outfits these days. On the other hand, if it means that we can get stuff like the From Bedrooms To Billions documentary, then it's perfectly worth the risk to me.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I suppose it depends on how much you give. If you dish over some small 'burnable' sum, as you'd spend down the bookmaker, pub or junk shop (in my case), it won't really matter if the recipient does a 'British Government' on you and lets the dosh disappear without any accountability at all.

I always buy what's ready and guaranteed.