SlayRadio Gathering Video Footage

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Edward

SlayRadio Gathering Video Footage

Post by Edward »

Hello.
I've taken some footage, both motion and stills, of the Slay Radio Gothenburg Gatherings, and I've put them together in DVD format. The purpose for this is to try and do so that people who could not come won't feel left out. Now, why this isn't uploaded to YouTube or something like that is because I know some people may not be comfortable with having their face shown on the Internet just like that. This is a more "private" solution. ;) Also, wasn't sure how to edit it all together except for allowing people to choose some of the clips through chapters and menu buttons. And finally, I just felt like putting together an entire DVD Menu set around the whole set. The idea is that people could put this DVD into their DVD player, grab a beer, sit back, relax, and try to soak up the atmosphere from these 480p videos playing on their big screen TVs. :p

However, distributing these physical copies rather than uploading 5gb of raw footage tends to cost a bit, and I thought if I'm gonna distribute many copies, might as well go all out with cover and label art, and get these printings and burnings done professionally. I found a place that can do all that for about 60 SEK if I order anything between 10-100 copies. I am thinking of selling these copies to whoever is interested for this particular price, plus the postage which can be up to 30 SEK (90 SEK / 7 GBP / 10.5 USD / 9.5 EUR total). I'm gonna try not to make any income on this. Just pay off the printing and postage. Slaygon has given me permission to do this. What I have available here is video footage from 2008 and 2009, as well as stills from 2008, 2009 and 2010 (second volume is being worked on).

All I need here is a head-count to know how many copies I should order. If you don't want to or can't register yourself to these forums, maybe you know someone who is on these forums and you can ask them to add your (nick)name here. I found a nice little "Buy now"-Donation option on Paypal, so that would be the payment method. Hope to see enough interest. :)

/Edward
Last edited by Edward on 03/06/2015 - 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyM
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: SlayRadio Gathering Video Footage

Post by FunkyM »

Yeah, I'll drop 7 quid for it. Nice to be able to remember. :)
FMI - Creators of Funky Monkey, Cozy Cat, and NEW! Thunder Horse!

Try our products today, you'll really Notice the difference!
Edward

Post by Edward »

Gurtygurt and maltus have expressed their interests.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Gohanks has shown his interest.
Edward

Post by Edward »

kork has shown his interest
Edward

Post by Edward »

Well, it doesn't seem as though there is enough interest for such a DVD. Guess all my filming will be in vain. Some have asked about Bluray, but would you really want my early 480p stretched up like that? Besides, I don't have a Bluray burner or a Bluray Styler to make these fancy menus. Was working on a second volume which includes instructions on how to get to the Gothenburg Gathering, but I guess that's also out of the question.

/Edward
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Why not release the footage digitally? .wmv, .mp4, whatever would be nice.
Check out my website.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Except I'm not sure how to edit them together, and there are some long clips where I just have the camera looking out over the scene. That is where a menu of some sort (DVD menu) would look nice. Plus, some people on these videos have expressed that they aren't comfortable with their faces being out on the public internet like that.

But if those who have been to the Gatherings these years say it is anyways alright, I may try for some silly web-dvd. :p

/Edward