Official Horizon Chase Remix Competition.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Barry Leitch

Official Horizon Chase Remix Competition.

Post by Barry Leitch »

Hi all.
Over the years I've greatly enjoyed the work you all do on this site. Many of your remixes proudly reside on my phone playlist and get enjoyed on a daily basis. You are without a doubt, the most creative bunch of remixer's out there. I always enjoy hearing the new angles you come at the old classics from, and as we just kicked off a remix contest I had an "aha" moment, where I thought, I really should come talk to you.

Several of you have me on Facebook and no doubt have seen and heard all the noise about Horizon Chase on IOS.. If you haven't seen it, its a new "retro styled" racing game. Currently #1 racing game pretty much across the planet.. The game is without a doubt, the most fun game I've played in years. It really captures that fun feeling a lot of the old games had, but at the same time, has been brought into the 21st century with pretty graphics, and an all new soundtrack by some old Scottish guy ;) The game is $3, I guarantee you wont be disappointed if you buy it.
Sadly, its only IOS so far, but android and PC versions are in the works so I'm told..

As for the competition.. We are currently running a remix competition,. details are over at

http://www.gameaudioacademy.com/horizonchase

It was very important to me personally not to do the douchey things, like have you give up copyright of the tracks when you submit them, and to ACTUALLY pay royalties to the winners - Who will have their tracks included in the digital release of the soundtrack, (as well as some goodies) We have several guest remixers who are joining us, and will each be producing their own remixes. Including the awesome Tim Wright, scenes own Patrick Nevian (he of the incredible Hero Quest remix), as well as several popular artists. (full list on the website)

So anyways, that's all I have... If you can participate, I'd be honored.. If not, I still salute you all for the work that you've done over the years that have provided me with countless hours of enjoyment. Try the game, it really is a great game... (I wouldn't say that if the game sucked).

Peace Out !
Barry Leitch
http://www.barryleitch.com
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Official Horizon Chase Remix Competition.

Post by Chris Abbott »

Probably best to spread it wider than this forum :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Barry Leitch

Re: Official Horizon Chase Remix Competition.

Post by Barry Leitch »

I have posted it just about everywhere I have access to, and I appreciate you sharing it to Chris :) Let me know if you can think of anywhere else that it should be posted..