Aargh there isn't enough time!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Aargh there isn't enough time!

Post by Doddsy »

I got a few ideas (and working on) for remixes but I find there isn't enough time in the day to get it done. As well as work, playing video games like Witcher 3 and soon Fallout 4 just eats up my time! Gone are the days where you'd load up an Amiga or c64 game, play it for an x amount of time before heading off to do something else. These days video games are story driven and take an increasingly large chunk of time to complete which is good value for money but I find I have less time to do remixes.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Aargh there isn't enough time!

Post by TNT »

Same here! Since I'm working independently, the working hours are almost twice than before. That means round about 80 hours a week at the moment. I even don't have enough time for my workouts. Instead of 20 hours a week there's just time left for about 6 hours a week. If a give up some sleeping hours there's also some time left for calming down by playing on my XBox360 or whatever. BUT: The creativity is getting lost. There's no more time for creativity, which means that there's also no more time for creating new music. And since 2 years there are a couple of tracks waiting for getting finished. Maybe next year...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Ditto. Which is part of the reason that the latest episode of the C64 Takeaway was almost two years ago.

On the plus side, I've also been doing volunteer work at the local arcade (yes, they do still exist) since March so that eats up quite a bit of time.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I've long since lost my desire to sink quality time into video games, barring Super Mario Wii and some others.

These days, picking up a second hand game like Medal Of Honour Rising Sun, I can find myself using an Action Replay disc to dip into levels across the game and play more like the old arcade modes.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

As we got older and took on my family responsibility and full time job etc....it dramatically cut into our creative time.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Indeed...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?