C64Ringtones.com - preview page now up

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

C64Ringtones.com - preview page now up

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hi guys, and welcome to the new forum, where Matrix can boast in every other post about his phone playing the HVSC ;-)

Anyway, head on over to:

http://c64audio.valuehost.co.uk/ringtones/

And check out what we've got so far. There's LOADs more to come, as people who come to BIT Live and get a free one of these ringtones will find out...

Questions about mobile phone capabilities, standards, requests, etc, welcomed. Remember on your requests that all ringtones have to be about 30 seconds long: or they aren't ringtones!

Or is there an SFX that you'd like ringtoneified that would make a good text alert?

Or do you want to get into ringtone creation but don't know where to start?

Anyway, check out the preview page. NOW!

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 14/06/2005 - 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Nice work :)

Interestingly i'm still using my good old non breakable bounce absorbed nokia 3310, Despite actually owning one of those polyphonic star spangled doobries.

Dunno, there's something in me that just wants to make phone calls rather than flipping through the web and having trendy music :) or maybe i'm just cheap and like cheap calls via my Virgin nokia than my orange totally over priced panasonic :)

Call me old fashioned ;)

anyway despite that, a little suggestion which i like would make a nifty ringtone is "Falcon Patrol II". it's a great melody and only roughly about 30 seconds in length anyhows :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Sounds like a cue for a Gumby:

"I'd like to hear... Nokia's impression of Bionic Granny" :wink:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
HeadingtonBard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

C64 Ringtone Requests

Post by HeadingtonBard »

Hi ! :D

I headed over to the Website and I liked what I heard and saw. I also wanted to request a few C64 Ringtones :

Ace 2
Falcon Patrol 2
Flash Gordon
Glider Rider
Ode to Galway ( Triologic Cartridge Theme )
One Man and His Droid
Phantom of the Asteriods
Street Surfer
Traz

How do these sound ?

Thanks !

HeadingtonBard
Elliot

Request

Post by Elliot »

I'd love to hear the following on my phone:-

Way Of The Exploding Fist
Revenge of the Mutant Camels
Lightforce
William Wobbler (!)
Stainy

Top tunes!

Post by Stainy »

Excellent, I`ve been faffing around with sid2midi for ages to get nice sounding ring tones :( some are ok, most are a bit crap!!
But I do LOVE the sound of these!!! :)

ooh a few requests then

Grand Larceny ( subtune 3 )
Mutants ( tune 2 )
Fourth Protocal
All Faery Tale tunes :)

excellent :)
pg

2.50 per thirty seconds of MIDI?

Post by pg »

Perhaps it's a usual price tag for ringtones in the UK, but for us in the central europe it is just unacceptable.. I hope that as soon as you start your own platform, the price will be adjusted more than just cosmetically.. BTW. I've got Siemens C55. Will the files play there?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I have an old cell phone that I hardly use, mainly for emergencys, I just heard some of the examples.

And got me thinking, if I had a phone with these ring tones in them, I would probably not answer my calls, and just sit there and enjoy the tunes :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

<<<
Perhaps it's a usual price tag for ringtones in the UK, but for us in the central europe it is just unacceptable.. I hope that as soon as you start your own platform, the price will be adjusted more than just cosmetically.. BTW. I've got Siemens C55. Will the files play there?
>>>
A C55 should play them fine.

As regards price, doesn't it count that these ringtones are a hell of a lot better and more exclusive than all the other ringtones on the market?

Anyway, as soon as we can get a credit card facility working where a WAP URL can be SMSd on credit card payment, we can maybe charge £2.00 or £1.50 per ringtone, since there's much less charges from telecoms or payment providers.

The idea eventually is to give people great value by delivering all the bits of a tune for one price. However, we can't do that yet.

If more people actually bought CDs or actually attended Back in Time Live them maybe I could afford to actually buy Boz enough beer and food so that he could concentrate fully on the ordering platform. As it is, I'm hoping that I can just make some money back on the ringtones to be able to pay the bills for Back in Time Live and get the BIT Live DVD finished. Sorry if that sounds bitter, but it's been a tough few years and I'm not a corporation, just one guy trying to make a difference. So comments about the worth of my work tend to make me unduly angry. You'd think I'd be used to that by now, but no... I'm just as sensitive as I always was.

Chris
HeadingtonBard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by HeadingtonBard »

Chris Abbott wrote:<<<
>>>
A C55 should play them fine.

As regards price, doesn't it count that these ringtones are a hell of a lot better and more exclusive than all the other ringtones on the market?

Anyway, as soon as we can get a credit card facility working where a WAP URL can be SMSd on credit card payment, we can maybe charge £2.00 or £1.50 per ringtone, since there's much less charges from telecoms or payment providers.

The idea eventually is to give people great value by delivering all the bits of a tune for one price. However, we can't do that yet.

If more people actually bought CDs or actually attended Back in Time Live them maybe I could afford to actually buy Boz enough beer and food so that he could concentrate fully on the ordering platform. As it is, I'm hoping that I can just make some money back on the ringtones to be able to pay the bills for Back in Time Live and get the BIT Live DVD finished. Sorry if that sounds bitter, but it's been a tough few years and I'm not a corporation, just one guy trying to make a difference. So comments about the worth of my work tend to make me unduly angry. You'd think I'd be used to that by now, but no... I'm just as sensitive as I always was.

Chris
I am sure that everyone appreciates your hard work and effort Chris. I can't imagine how much stress and worry you've been going through over the last few years, trying to satisfying the C64 Punters out there. I love C64 music with a passion and will always support those involved with C64audio, in terms of buying merchandise and giving donations whenever I can, like everyone should. A few Pounds, Euros or Dollars will always be welcomed. The BiT Live events have been mammoth, but well worth it ! :D

The C64ringtones are going to be great value for money and I will definately be buying some from you ( everyone else should also ), even if my WAP facilty doesn't work on T-Mobile Pre-Pay, I want some C64sid on my Mobile Phone ! :wink:

Best Regards,

HeadingtonBard.
ElliotM
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ElliotM »

You often see adverts in the UK for ringtones of the latest pop tune costing £2.50+ per ringtone.
These C64 ones are more specialized and should in theory cost even more than this.

I'm sure that everyone would buy 2 or 3 to start with, and buy more as time goes on.

No-one is going to be expected to buy loads in one go.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> No-one is going to be expected to buy loads in one go.
That's true enough. I'm toying with the idea of some kind of subscription system for unlimited access, but policing it could be a problem. Someone "public spirited" is bound to put the whole lot on Emule or something.

Chris
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Chris Abbott wrote:Someone "public spirited" is bound to put the whole lot on Emule or something.
Chris
:roll: Anyone for a bet how long it takes before somebody "shares" the lot? :roll:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

it's ineviatable Vosla!!! there's always some w@nker who thinks by doing something like this makes them feel big and clever and not realising that due to them the whole thing collapses!

When Chris speaks of this, it's not a threat, but it's reallity!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I agree, where theres data, theres a pirate.... tv, movie theatres, home consoles, home pc's - you name it, if its exclusive, youll see it on ebay when theres about 200 available. Under that and i think the only sharring youll see is on websites, fortunately you can be prosecuted for this... fileshare programs on the other hand are a different kettle of fish.

Ill be taking the risk too along with chris as i plan (through chris of course) to provide phone wallpapers; i anticipate these will be around the same price as the ringtones.

See the cartoons in my bitlive sigpic ? Expect that quality or better... all 100% original ... and available for all the phones chris will support in whatever screensize and bit depth.