Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

;) - well you know.. looking for work YET again, ho hum.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

;) - well you know.. looking for work YET again, ho hum.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Hi! My name's Kim, I'm from Berlin, Germany. I never had a C64 but I got a C128 when I was 12 years old. 99% of the time, I used it in C64 mode, of course! ;-)

I composed 30-40 SID tunes myself using Chris Hülsbeck's Sound Monitor 1.0. When the game To Be On Top came out, I managed to rip the digi drums out of it and integrate it into the Sound Monitor, so I could use them for my own tunes from then on. 6 tunes later, I got an Amiga 500, and the C128 went straight down to the basement. :oops: Unfortunately I haven't managed to convert the tunes to SID files yet, they are still lying on the old 5 1/4" diskettes - hopefully! Can anyone help?

I've been enjoying you guys' remixes for about 6 years, thanks everyone for that! Special thanks for really great C64 remixes go to my favorite artists (sorted descendingly by admiration):
Image Marcel Donné, o2, Visa Röster, moog, Chris Abbott, Instant Remedy and Slow Poison!

Also thanks to Jan Lund Thomsen for the C64 Take-away podcast! Great show, that!

I'd like to do some remixing, too, but as I have 2 kids (3 and 1 1/2 years old), I haven't got time for that now. But definitely later. So hopefully the scene is still alive in like 5 years!

My favorite composer is and has always been Martin Galway, but my favorite soundtrack is Last Ninja 1. Aside from C64 remixes I like German rock music (Blumfeld, Tocotronic, ...), R&B/Hip-Hop (Missy Elliott, Beyoncé, ...) and classical music (Bach, Mozart, ...).
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Oops forgot to mention some of my heroes:
Image Jurek Raben and N-Joy/Simona
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
shadowfax

Hi everyone

Post by shadowfax »

Hi!

My name is David and I've just registered, although I've been always a Commodore fan since I bought my first C64 back in 1985. The feature which I always liked the most from the trusty C64 was the SID chip :)

On the other hand, I am a keen musician/composer and I like to arrange music in my free times, using midi equipment (no digital audio). I've got a quite small yet decent home studio, with a Roland Fantom XR and a Yamaha MU80 midi modules, and a Roland RD-170 stage piano, among other gear. Some of my original compositions can be found at http://www.hispasonic.com/usuario-shadowfax.html. I've also made some conversions of Sierra adventure videogame midi soundtracks (originally composed for the Roland MT-32 or the Sound Canvas SC-55) which can be found at Queststudios (http://www.queststudios.com), including Police Quest I VGA, Quest for Glory IV, King's Quest VI, and Larry I VGA, III, V and VI.

Now I'd like to do something with some of my favourite SID tunes. I've read about sid2midi (I work 100% with midi and sequencers), but I've found that it seems impossible to get the registered version. The official webpage seems not to be updated for a long time, and the web-based e-mail doesn't work. I'm very interested in registering sid2midi to get the full version, but I'm lost! Do you know how to contact the autor? I want to be legal and pay for the full version, but it seems that it's not possible anymore. Please help if you can.

Regards,
David
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Welcome aboard, David! :D
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Sinopeus

Post by Sinopeus »

Hello Compadres! My name is Ilias, I am greek but I live in Germany. I bought my C64 in December 1986 and of course I still own it. 8) I found this site about three years ago when I was looking for some C64-games and I love it. Thanks to all of you for keeping the old times alive.

I started remixing (which I consider as art) in 1988 with an old reel-to-reel tape deck (yes, I know why it’s called “cut” and “paste” :D), a small mixing console, some cassette decks, an electronic keyboard and a record player. Just imagine the cable spaghetti. In the following years I produced mainly sound collages which in style were somewhere between breakdance and hip hop music. In 1989 I made my first C64-remix (maniac mansion). I actually just added some drums, bass and the voice of Tone Loc. 8) Today I think that remixing maybe has become a little too easy.

My first upload to remix.kwed.org was a subtune from “to be on top” which I made within two hours two years ago, just to upload something. Yes, it is crap. :D Recently I uploaded my second remix (Panzerschlacht).

My favorite composer is Ben Daglish and I am a fan of Makke… and of all of you! ;)

regards,
Ilias
The lookout reports a sail on the horizon. She 's flying spanish colors.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Welcome aboard, Ilias! :D
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
parasprinter

Post by parasprinter »

Hello, newb here!

I grew up with an amiga, I think I was less than a year old when the 500 came out. I love the music- pinball dreams, superfrog, bubble ghost, space hulk, disposable hero, hired guns, and labyrinth of time have some of my favorite game soundtracks. I know bubble ghost only had one song, but still. :wink:

I'm in two videogame cover related bands, although my current main focus in regards to performing music as a hobby is drumming for these guys.

I just recently got into messing around with trackers, after using modplug to listen to amiga tunes. Sequencing is loads of fun. I have interest in doing some more chiptune sounding covers of amiga music like I did with superfrog, and hopefully arranging some nice live covers as well. As much as I love amiga music, neither full band has gotten around to doing any! That'll have to change.
http://www.myspace.com/spriteslowdown (there is a c64 cover here though)
http://www.myspace.com/parasprinter (as posted on the other forum)

I'm a total newb to c64/ amiga remix scene, but it's about time I started getting into this. Browsing the remixes has been lots of fun.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

parasprinter wrote:Hello, newb here!

I grew up with an amiga, I think I was less than a year old when the 500 came out.
Gee thanks - now I feel REALLY old :lol:

Welcome aboard, BTW!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Tonka wrote:
parasprinter wrote:Hello, newb here!

I grew up with an amiga, I think I was less than a year old when the 500 came out.
Gee thanks - now I feel REALLY old :lol:

Welcome aboard, BTW!
I was 12 when the Commodore 64 came out in 82' :(
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Analog-X wrote:
I was 12 when the Commodore 64 came out in 82' :(
Gee thanks - now I feel really young! :lol:
tas