Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm waiting for btomsk to turn up :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm waiting for btomsk to turn up :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Atomsk

Post by Atomsk »

Haha, I admit I recently read the novel and it's all that could come to mind when picking a username!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Sanjo Ride
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sanjo Ride »

Hi all
Sanjo Ride here..

It seems I've encountered some serious hate on RKO and I'm not sure why.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This should not be on RKO. You guys are far too generous - how do you think other remixers feel when this gets good ratings?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a problem with my remixes, please let me know why, and I'll try to do better with the next one.

Thanks for your time
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Sanjo Ride wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">22/07/2017 - 0:49</span> Hi all
Sanjo Ride here..

It seems I've encountered some serious hate on RKO and I'm not sure why.

"This should not be on RKO. You guys are far too generous - how do you think other remixers feel when this gets good ratings?"

If you have a problem with my remixes, please let me know why, and I'll try to do better with the next one.

Thanks for your time
First of all : Welcome!
Regarding votings : Search the forum as this was often a topic with votings. You are not alone. Votings, bad or not, should not be considered what most people think here. Maybe I'm blind but I didn't found that specific comment for your recent remixes as the comments still there aren't negative. Which remix is it? Or did somebody already edit the comment ?
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

It's this one... http://www.remix64.com/track/sanjo-ride/crazy-comets/

It's best to ignore it, Sanjo Ride. There are some good comments there, don't let one person spoil it for you. :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Oh, I see. Quite the picky guy. See his voting profile.
All is lost.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Neither I or nor the RKO jurors dictate what ratings people should be assinging to tunes. If I continue to publish something that I think is good, and the rest of the world feel that it's awfull, the votes will be skewed to display this eventually.

Also, following along the lines of this Gary chaps logic, one could argue that RKO shouldn't publish good remixes as it could make beginner/intermediate-level remixers feel inferiour when other people get better ratings than them.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

As Vosla points out, Garys voting profile looks a bit polarised. Less than 10% of his votes assigned a 'good' or 'average' ratiing to a tune, with poor/bad totalling 29 votes and very good/outstanding getting 27. Looks like a chap who knows what he likes but really doesn't care for anything outside that bracket.

Sanjo, I wouldn't worry about it.
Sanjo Ride
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Sanjo Ride »

Ok, I really dont mind bad ratings. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes my experiments are crap, but it's a bit frustrating when you piss someone off that much and dont know why.
I was wondering if I had broken some golden rule about "fourth voice" remixes or something.
I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does a bit.
PsyKaiQ

Post by PsyKaiQ »

Hello

my name is Kai and since 1989 (I was 13) I'm a big Commodore fan.
My first one was the C64 and my last the Amiga 500.
Those both computers shaped the childhood from my younger brother and me.
My little brother is also an big fan from the old Commodore stuff. He was 6 years old, when came in touch with it.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey there Kai, welcome!!
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Welcome PsyKaiQ. :cheers:

Also, I heard LMan joined Maniacs of Noise. Awesome! That's pretty cool. :cheers:
Check out my website.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Welcome, Tobias!
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
equalypse

Post by equalypse »

Hello!

I am 46 old self trained musician from Poland. I make music for pleasure since Amiga times. Love c64 and Amiga music :)

Today i use a lot of software only, my main setup is a pc with cubase and reason, also ni komplete 11 and arturia collection.
I dont post link to my site because it is in polish language, but have profile on Jamendo. Soon i will post my c64 song remix (now it is only on Soundcloud).

I will write from time to time, great site you have here!
Cheers
Dominik