Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Kayestone wrote:Hello from Dortmund, Germany.

Very cool place.:)
Welcome!!!

And yes Indeed this is a cool place.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
parasprinter

Post by parasprinter »

Tonka wrote:
parasprinter wrote:Hello, newb here!

I grew up with an amiga, I think I was less than a year old when the 500 came out.
Gee thanks - now I feel REALLY old :lol:

Welcome aboard, BTW!
Hehe, thanks. :)
Bluejooz

Post by Bluejooz »

Hi,
I am Bluejooz. Some of you may have spotted on or two of my C64 remixes / remakes here and there on the old internet. I'm not really a remixer of C64 music but every now and again I delve into it for some reason. I guess it's due to my love of the old bird; The C64.
I am 35, an Aquarius and live in North Wales.

TTFN,
Blue
(p.s. Merry Christmas)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Bluejooz wrote:Hi,
I am Bluejooz. Some of you may have spotted on or two of my C64 remixes / remakes here and there on the old internet. I'm not really a remixer of C64 music but every now and again I delve into it for some reason. I guess it's due to my love of the old bird; The C64.
I am 35, an Aquarius and live in North Wales.

TTFN,
Blue
(p.s. Merry Christmas)
Welcome to the Board. I think I've got 3 of you're remixes. Delta Remix 2001, Delta 06 and SpeedBall 2 06
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I've just clicked the 3, and Delta 06 and Speedball 2 06 sounded familiar, so I must have downloaded them before. I don't have them in my collection, though. Probably because I found them too techno-y, which is not my favorite style, to put it gently. ;-)

But technically definitely good stuff. Welcome to the board! ;-)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
ZebUK
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ZebUK »

Hi all,

I think I've gone through all the 8-bit computers including the Oric Atmos and Dragon computers and stayed with the Commodore 64. Have many, many fond memories of the C64. Sometimes I'd load a game just to listen to music while I did something else.

After the C64 I got an Amstrad 6128. That didn't last long until I saw a friend's Amiga KS1.2 so I sold my Amstrad and bought my A500 KS1.3.

Carried on programming the Amiga, not long after I started learning assembler the Amiga started to die and I felt deprived although I did release a few tools and "fixed" existing ones.

After the A500 I moved onto the A1200 andit came with a free 60MB HD unexpectedly (someone made a cock-up at despatch) and by the time I'd finished I'd expanded it to 1.4GB with 4MB FAST RAM and a Blizzard accelerator card. Then I built myself a PC, spent a loooong time transferring my Amiga work to the PC for archiving/nostalgia purposes.

My A1200 died when I attended a scene gathering here in Devon last year :( (http://www.sundowndemoparty.org)

I attended BIT Live 3 in Brighton and ended up waking up in the police station next morning. Basically I travelled from Devon to Brighton with no idea where I'd be staying. Thought a nice night on the beach would be different. After leaving the venue at almost 2am to see outside a nightclub swarming with the police and their forensics investigators (someone in another club got stabbed) I walked a long way to the station and crashed in the main entrance.

My highlight? Having my pic taken with Rob Hubbard one side of me and Martin Galway the other side - can't beat it! :D

edit: At time of posting I'm 33 years old :)
gloom
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gloom »

Hey all,

I'm gloom (from the PC-demogroup excess, and part-time portal process-member :)

I've been a demoscener since 1989, in both the Amiga and PC-scene. I was the event organizer for the demoparty The Gathering for many many years (quit last year and went to Rome with my girlfriend instead -- first easter holiday without a demoparty since 1993 :). Nowadays the summer demoparty Solskogen is my lovechild. Smaller, hotter, more intimate. A great party -- you should visit. We have C64 and Atari-compos still! :)

I'm currently also a member of the Scene.org staff and the demoscene picture-site Slengpung.

I co-wrote the book Demoscene: The Art of Realtime a few years ago. Now it's even on Amazon (no, I do not earn any money from the sales :)

That sums it up I guess.. Oh; and I have a page with my demotunes that you can visit (as long as you promise not to steal them and make hit songs for .. oh.. I don't know.. Nelly Furtado? :)

PS! I also have a picture taken with Rob Hubbard (man, we are really fanboys, aren't we? :) at Assembly 2002, and if I had it on my Mac at work I would post it. :)

Oh; and I turn 29 years old on the 23rd of january -- wee, lucky me. :)
Last edited by gloom on 16/01/2007 - 9:50, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

gloom wrote:Nelly Furtado? :)
/me looks guiltily up from sequencer in Timbaland's office

Er, who... me? Nah...

/me continues to work way through HVSC
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

CreaMD/Dmagic , Roman Chlebec, Mgr.
Maintainer of http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News

Got to C64 in 1992, joined scene in late 1993. Formed demo group with my 2 brothers called Studio Style. Now in Dmagic, group which had a lot of plans but finished only few of them before it got into current "undead" state.

In 1995 we (Studio Style) organised the C64 section at biggest computer party at slovakia called DemoBit '95 (over 1000 visitors). Since then I'm organising C64 secions at parties and from time-to-time aslo visiting them. The party I currently organise in cooperation with ZX Spectrum and Atari sceners for 8th time is called Forever - http://forever.zeroteam.sk. It's a pure 8-bit party and it will take place in middle of the march 2007, in Trencin / Slovakia. We get visitors from all over the Europe (including England, so you are welcome Chris ;-).

As for my scene job. I'm a musician and occasionally also code, but never did any higher math demo stuff. I also organise annual online SID music competition at c64.sk. (6 years already) - http://www.c64.sk/?content=news&searchs ... Compo+%236

I found this forum when I was looking for sources about the Temepst vs Timabaland controversy. It was really nice surprise to see that person whom I reccomended to contact in the first place was actually already aware of this, so I had sent GRG here and joined shortly after... ;-))
Last edited by CreaMD on 16/01/2007 - 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Now you've got to come to the next Back in Time Live. Sorry, but it's compulsory :)

http://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=BITLIVE2007

*lol*

Chris
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

Chris Abbott wrote:Now you've got to come to the next Back in Time Live. Sorry, but it's compulsory :)

*lol*

Chris
Thanx ;-). I've got newborn baby and my wife to care about now, so it's kinda uncertain, but I'll try to check how much it would cost me to get there'n'back and then decide.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

CreaMD wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Now you've got to come to the next Back in Time Live. Sorry, but it's compulsory :)

*lol*

Chris
Thanx ;-). I've got newborn baby and my wife to care about now, so it's kinda uncertain, but I'll try to check how much it would cost me to get there'n'back and then decide.
Aw :) Takes a lot of time doesn't it?

My twins just started going to school. For those on the forum who remember when they were born: isn't that SCARY??

Chris
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Chris Abbott wrote:My twins just started going to school. For those on the forum who remember when they were born: isn't that SCARY??
Chris
Too right it is! They've obviously grown a hell of a lot since I last saw them, bless 'em! Good luck with them starting school!
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

Chris Abbott wrote:Aw :) Takes a lot of time doesn't it?

My twins just started going to school. For those on the forum who remember when they were born: isn't that SCARY??

Chris
In my case, the time it takes is the most valuably wasted time *ever* ;-)

I mean, I love it. Just about hour or two ago I was chatting with Perff and boasted about how great it is to watch her starting to get more and more conscious of what's going on around her.. watching her dad and mom with BIG beautiful wide open eyes, getting first hints of social smiles, stretching in the pose of flying superman when waking up from short sleep. Ah yeah.. this is the best thing I've *ever* experienced. I quite often working overnight and now I'm doing it on purpose just to wait for feeding when I can hold her in my hand and calm her down while mum prepares milk. And when you see how she smiles at you (unconsciously). And when she is nervous and finally get's asleep in your hands. And when she started to turn her head on her own. And when she farted! (yeah even that bring smile on fathers and mothers face ;-) And that palette of various cries.. baa, and nyiaa, and aaa, and gyyaieee. .. I'm sure you remember how it felt..... ;-)

awesome! :mrgreen:
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Welcome to the forum Roman, would be great if you could make it to Back in Time this year!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live