Article: The Remix64 Voting System

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Article: The Remix64 Voting System

Post by C64GLeN »

The current voting system works.

Remixers like myself would get very little feedback from a Slay Radio type voting system (and to be fair to it, that's not what it is there for)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

@Peacemaker: That's why there is SLAY Rated on SLAY Radio, ya know. On each ROTY, they sum it up and tell it during the show anyhoo. It's just a matter of listing it, and you can see the top 20 voted each month if you look at the playlist after the show. Perhaps it would be a good thing to list the track votes even in more detail, but I dunno what that would lead to.

It's a tough nut to crack and it is one that me and my colleagues are working on to implement. It's even harder when you have a wider scope of tracks as well, so we'll see what we can come up with.

Honestly though, I must say that it's a bit sad that the voting participation for last years ROTY was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, the full amount of votes and voters comes down to these numbers:

All categories
1066 votes
235 nominees
126 voting participants

That's not really that much. I dunno what we can do about it, but by helping each other to remind everyone to vote and participate more is at least something.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

C64GLeN wrote:The current voting system works.

Remixers like myself would get very little feedback from a Slay Radio type voting system (and to be fair to it, that's not what it is there for)
you mean comments like "hmmmm" ? yes, very helpful with full of informations. *lol*

;)
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

Ziphoid wrote:@Peacemaker: That's why there is SLAY Rated on SLAY Radio, ya know. On each ROTY, they sum it up and tell it during the show anyhoo. It's just a matter of listing it, and you can see the top 20 voted each month if you look at the playlist after the show. Perhaps it would be a good thing to list the track votes even in more detail, but I dunno what that would lead to.

It's a tough nut to crack and it is one that me and my colleagues are working on to implement. It's even harder when you have a wider scope of tracks as well, so we'll see what we can come up with.

Honestly though, I must say that it's a bit sad that the voting participation for last years ROTY was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, the full amount of votes and voters comes down to these numbers:

All categories
1066 votes
235 nominees
126 voting participants

That's not really that much. I dunno what we can do about it, but by helping each other to remind everyone to vote and participate more is at least something.

the votes of rko/r64 and slayradio differ a lot. ever thought about why? well, i wrote my answer about it earlier.
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

and (name removed). stop spaming with your radiostation. there is slayradio and soon another one, thats enough ;)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

@Peacemaker: Another of the things that creates the difference is that the Remix64 vote is more a basic vote how you feel about the remix overall. The SLAY vote is more an indication of how you feel about the track right now.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Peacemaker wrote:you mean comments like "hmmmm" ? yes, very helpful with full of informations. *lol* ;)
No, I mean sensible comments, which the majority are.

I'm in ur remix64 voting on ur tunes. I'm catching up, I'm ashamed to say I haven't voted in quiet a while.
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

Ziphoid wrote:@Peacemaker: Another of the things that creates the difference is that the Remix64 vote is more a basic vote how you feel about the remix overall. The SLAY vote is more an indication of how you feel about the track right now.
excuse me, pal, but it always should be like you feel about the track while you listen to it. and this opinion about a track may change. another plus for slayradios voting system. if you vote again, your vote may be different.
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

C64GLeN wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:you mean comments like "hmmmm" ? yes, very helpful with full of informations. *lol* ;)
No, I mean sensible comments, which the majority are.

I'm in ur remix64 voting on ur tunes. I'm catching up, I'm ashamed to say I haven't voted in quiet a while.
well, you can still leave comments but without voting.

i mean, a difference of 30% points after 7 votes on slayradio and rko/r64 of a new uploaded track and first played on slayradio is questionable.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Different sample innit? And it just shows how personal music is.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Peacemaker wrote:
Ziphoid wrote:@Peacemaker: Another of the things that creates the difference is that the Remix64 vote is more a basic vote how you feel about the remix overall. The SLAY vote is more an indication of how you feel about the track right now.
excuse me, pal, but it always should be like you feel about the track while you listen to it. and this opinion about a track may change. another plus for slayradios voting system. if you vote again, your vote may be different.
I've changed my mind on a few tracks over time having listened to them more on Slay and changed my vote on R64 as per needed. Thing is, you can vote multiple times on the same track on Slay, each time it's played. You can only vote once on R64. Hence a track's rating is going to be more accurate I think on R64 because people who "anti vote" against tracks, deliberately hit them with a bad vote to bring down their overall for whatever reason, have less impact.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

Mayhem wrote:
Peacemaker wrote:
I've changed my mind on a few tracks over time having listened to them more on Slay and changed my vote on R64 as per needed. Thing is, you can vote multiple times on the same track on Slay, each time it's played. You can only vote once on R64. Hence a track's rating is going to be more accurate I think on R64 because people who "anti vote" against tracks, deliberately hit them with a bad vote to bring down their overall for whatever reason, have less impact.
sure. you can vote multiple times on slay radio for one track. but that goes for all track. so all the same for all tracks.

and the plus for slayradios voting system is: even those "antivotes" will be overwritten by "real votes" over the time. unless, an "anti-voter" has no life and is waiting and requesting for the songs to antivote.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Ziphoid wrote: Honestly though, I must say that it's a bit sad that the voting participation for last years ROTY was a bit of a disappointment. Overall, the full amount of votes and voters comes down to these numbers:

Well as an example look at Peacemaker, according to the Board he Joined 2 days after I did, and yet he has less than 40 Posts here and only recently has been posting, I didnt even know he was a member here till recently.

I know this is not a true measure of participation, but where are all the members that are registered here but there is no activity by theM? Have they left scene? or just the scene does not excite them anymore for them to bother to do anything.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

:oops:
I simply forgot to vote as I wasn't that active in the last time.
All is lost.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Peacemaker wrote:and the plus for slayradios voting system is: even those "antivotes" will be overwritten by "real votes" over the time. unless, an "anti-voter" has no life and is waiting and requesting for the songs to antivote.
No and yes, in respective answer to those two points. On R64, one person = one vote. On Slay, one person could vote ten times if the track is played ten times, and another person may only vote once because they were only around once to hear it. Or they may choose not to vote the other nine times. If the voting was consistent then we'd have the same tracks in the Slay Rated every month but we do not; generally only a few tracks seem to carry over from one month to another and the #1 spot recently seems to be something out of left field that no one predicted heh...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...