Article: The Remix64 Voting System

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
BeeZerk
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: The voting system on rko

Post by BeeZerk »

Imho every vote should be shown with name. Every voter should have the courage and stand up straight for a vote. No excuse.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

So true, if you can't shout what you think without showing your name, then don't vote, the lynch mob won't get you :bash: :eekout: :lol:
The same goes for the green face, if you vote with a green face and don't shout WHY, then don't vote :D
I bet that some ppl is just messing with the system when voteing with a green face just to lover the ranking on remixes...
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

4chan-raid? :wink:
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

what? :)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

trace wrote:...I bet that some ppl is just messing with the system when voteing with a green face just to lover the ranking on remixes...
prolly...
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

trace wrote:what? :)
It's a form of internet-hooliganism often arranged on these imageboards(4chan.org, 7chan.org, 12chan.org, prettymuchwhatevernumericalvaluecomes.org), but I doubt RKO is a hot victim for these attacks.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont think there is any voting system that is fool proof or will ever be fool proof. A similar topic came up on a graphics based website where people vote on graphics.

Over there the topic came up of keeping the Submitters name anonymous till voting was over, because there was some favoritisms to certain artists always getting the big votes.

So if we adopt that here, it would mean.. you would not know how composed the song up until a certain period of time where all votes were completed.

I've always left comments when I've voted... I didnt even know that you could simply put a Smily and not leave a comment.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hi folks, thanks for your input!

We had this same discussion here fairly often (forgot to keep the topic links although they might be found through the search). To make things short: I'm sorry but we're not going to change the way the voting system works in the near future.

Please check out this article which explains some of the how's and why's of the Remix64 voting system:
http://www.remix64.com/voting_system.html
And the associated discussion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4921&start=0

Mind you, the abuse is minimal, and in 99% of the cases the green smiley originates from a dislike of the song and nothing more. :)

Kind regards
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I have totaly missed that post about the voting system :P :oops:
Great article :D
Soundcloud PowerTrace
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

I agree putting a green face without commenting, when several listeners have already given positive votes is not helpful or constructive. One of the reasons I submit songs to this site is because the listeners are truthful and this in turn helps develop your music (for the better hopefully!) If you take Myspace for example listeners say; "I like your music it sounds great -when evidently it really isn't! They just say that to not hurt your feelings or just to add you to their profile. I'd like to think through constructive comments my music has improved since my first remix was posted which leads me onto a quote;

"Those that complain the most usually have nothing to prove."
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Voting something with the green smiley just because I don't like it?
There are remixes on RKO that are good but at the same time I don't like them at all.
Why voting them down?! Doesn't really make sense...
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I would like to see the people who vote for themselves with a big red smiley, quite often there is a tune that hasn't got particularly good votes but there is still one red smiley. Of course it just might be one person really liking it, but then again. :)
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Article: The Remix64 Voting System

Post by Peacemaker »

i say, remove the voting system on rko and remix64.. the votings on slayradio are much more remixerfriendly.. ;)

have an idea why? well, i had a conversation with someone about it,. very interesting :>
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Peacemaker wrote:i say, remove the voting system on rko and remix64.. the votings on slayradio are much more remixerfriendly.. ;)

have an idea why? well, i had a conversation with someone about it,. very interesting :>
The sad part with the votes at SLAY Radio is that they only tell about the tracks that have been played in the rotational. You can't vote for a track that is not being played. Therefor, I say that they complement each other really nicely. :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

let me quote someone i had this conversation with.. for rko/r64: "we are the professional listeners, hence we know what we are talking about. not that we have ever produced anything ourselves, but that doesnt mean we can bash other people effort."

And (name removed), exactly your vote showed me how right the person was. ;)

Here is my suggestion. Ask Slaygon nicely if he would like to share his DB. Take ALL votes from a song, devide them by the amount of votes, and if vote_amount is > 15, show vote.