Winter Depressions

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".

Do you feel sometimes depressed in winter time?

Yes, but not only in Winter time (Specify if you want)
29%
Yes
18%
No
53%

Total votes: 17

Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Winter Depressions

Post by Vosla »

I wouldn't advice anything for somebody who's got real depressions because I'm not a doctor - except for two things:
1. Don't act it out on other people. "A trouble shared is a trouble halved" usually ends in doubled trouble if the other people can't handle it.
2. Don't act it out on yourself. The moment you cease breathing it's too late to reconsider - most of the time. Sometimes somebody makes it with a crippling injury. Not a good choice.

How I 'handle' the Blues:
Keep pressing on. Only thing to do.
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

oooppps i accidentally clicked on the wrong vote, is there any way to cancel the vote so i can do it properly?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont have an answer, I've been through a lot in a short period of time, which would easily push some into depression, but I'm some how able to cope and move on. Maybe a stable upbringing?? I dont know.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I cannot say, that it's because of winter that I get depressed... so I've not voted. But I found out, that if I sit too much indoors without getting out in the light (a common thing among computer nerds), that it tend to make me depressed in the long run. So my advice would be, to get out... go for a walk every day, and see how "fresh" you feel when you get back home.

Sure sign of depression: You want to do everything, but do nothing... and feel bad about it. it's the worst feelin, since you feel your life has no purpose, and all is standing still while the rest of the world race by...

In fact I'm amazed how many people actually ARE depressed... not just around me, but also on this forum... I've heard countless stories in here as well as writings that suggest it...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Rondo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Rondo »

Winter usually makes me tired rather than depressed. I love early winter, but after a couple of months the mere thought of getting out of a warm, comfortable bed at seven a.m. and plunging into the harsh freezing darkness outside starts to weigh pretty heavily on me. My way of coping with this is to sleep as much as possible, because insufficient rest is the one aggravating factor I have the power to eliminate.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Wintertime is actually something I look forward to... I happen to get tired with summer, as autumn sets in and tired of autumn as winter sets in etc... Winter time can be beautiful indeed, especially when snow has fallen... I often go for a long walk in the forest when snow has fallen... that really freshens my mood up... but when it's just grey, cold, freezing and moist... no thanx!!! ...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I read that many people are depressed during Winter time bc you don't get as much sun light as you get in the summer. And as sun light makes you feel good, you do not feel so good in the Winter.

But as I'm a snowboarder, Winter is my favorite season of the year, which makes feel good again.

Thus, my answer is "No".
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Rondo wrote:Winter usually makes me tired rather than depressed. I love early winter, but after a couple of months the mere thought of getting out of a warm, comfortable bed at seven a.m. and plunging into the harsh freezing darkness outside starts to weigh pretty heavily on me. My way of coping with this is to sleep as much as possible, because insufficient rest is the one aggravating factor I have the power to eliminate.
Hibernation!

Seriously, I do get depressed on dark, dreary winter days sometimes...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I can't stand longer periods of darkness outside. Always gets me down.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Actually, I love the dark days.

But that's because sun gives me a headache and I barely see anything without strong sunglasses on a sunny day. :/

Hey, I'm your stereotypical IT-professional-out-of-the-basement-ghoul and weight out two guys from the accounting department, what did you expect? ;)
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Ok let me specify, it's not the really dark days that drag me down: what I hate are prolonged periods of greyness outside - the lack of contrast.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Sometimes... but I prefer winter to summer and quite often I thrive on the conditions, spurs me into doing things more...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

I'm thankful we have seasons on this place on earth, I tend to get tired of whatever season it is. I get tired of the summer in the end of the summer and tired of the darkness and cold in the end of the winter.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Razmo wrote: Sure sign of depression: You want to do everything, but do nothing... and feel bad about it.
Well that sounds like me right now.. tons of projects on the go and none are near completion.

The Winter just looming around the corner does not help either with the constant cloud cover.

Who knows maybe I'm getting lazy :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Winter is kind of nice when it's not that cold out and me and my family drives to a place with a big hill where we ride a slege or whatever we have with us downhill screaming like crazy :D

The darkness is nice also during winter when it gets cold, cuddling up on the couch drinking hot chocolade and watching a good movie :D

Can't really think of a depression during winter except when not much snow, I like it when it comes alot of snow, No snow during winter = Dark cold spooky summer :shock:
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID