Basshunter

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Basshunter

Post by Instant Remedy »

Piet_B wrote:As well as I know the first song from him was about an IRC BOT called "Anna" which he fall in love because he though it was a nice girl.
I think it was the other way round, he thought it was a BOT but it was actually a real person named Anna. Embarrassing video and embarrassing guy but the sound is kind of cool. Here in sweden the song was a pain on the radio for a loooong time last summer.
The Daddy DJ-sounding tune (Dota) is real junk in my opinion. It was made to sound like Daddy DJ but with different lyrics I read in an interview. Boten Anna was at least a little new and refreshing with the 3/4 beat, nice lead and melody etc.

Dota sounds to me in the song like "spela lite dota(data)" = "play a little computer(games)". I've also heard Dota is word used in MMO's but I'm not into that so I don't know.

Anyways most people here in Sweden think he is kind of embarrassing. But he got lots of radioplay so he must have done something right.
I've also heard Boten Anna was played a lot in Holland which is wierd, Swedish songs are not so common in other countries I guess.

BTW: I got the E-Type album yesterday and I LOVE it. He uses english of course :) I was so happy to hear something new from the eurotechno genre again. Highly recommended for euro-fans and other hi-energy genres.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I find the fact that a song about an IRC bot is topping the charts quite funny. It's also funny how a lot of people in Sweden, who don't know anything about IRC bots, think he's singing about a boat.

That said I must add that the song bugs the crap out of me. It's a very annoying tune! Still, as a phenomenon I think it's quite entertaining.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Well, he knows exactly what he's doing, for sure. His tunes are very catchy, easy to sing, easy to remember when you're under the influence, etc, so... It's pop!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Same hype as "Dragostea Din Tei" couple of years ago.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Instant Remedy wrote: BTW: I got the E-Type album yesterday and I LOVE it. He uses english of course :) I was so happy to hear something new from the eurotechno genre again. Highly recommended for euro-fans and other hi-energy genres.
Beh, E-Type stole from happy hardcore.
No, I haven't done any research, go ahead and prove me wrong if must is needed.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hey max, not to worry everyones been stealing from the hardcore scene since 1987 hehe.
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

We've had our share of Basshunter here in Norway too, and I have to admit I really hate the guy. His music really really sucks * 1000. And when you think a song sucks * 1000 it is not very fun to hear it 100 times a day on the radio. Damn swedes :)
Experto credite!
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by kjetiln »

I love Boten Anna, but I always like easy melodies that sits on my brain for weeks :D
About the bot that were misunderstood to be a boat.. there's even a Norwegian version of the tune which is about a gay car... :)
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Instant Remedy wrote:Dota sounds to me in the song like "spela lite dota(data)" = "play a little computer(games)". I've also heard Dota is word used in MMO's but I'm not into that so I don't know.
DotA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

The lyrics are, if I remember correctly, "Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA". Vent = Ventrilo = gamer VoIP application.

(I know too much about Basshunter lyrics. Why do I?)
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Hey, knew ALL about it :o
Real nerdy lyrics, but doesn't seem to stop people from listening to the tunes. Most people will never know what it's all about. Boats and stuff?
I seldom catch the lyrics even if I can translate them in both swedish and english music. I just hear words, phrases and a melody, no continous message. I'm probably better off, especially when looking at Scooters lyrics/shouts in the sleeves to find out what is really said...
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

*grin*

I do like the Dutch parody 'Ik heb een boot, haar naam is Anna en ligt hier in de sloot' also. "I have a boat, her name is Anna and she's laying here in the moat' :) Somehow the tune is catchy and starts to be really annoying after a little while.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I heard some parody with something about 'fat Anna'... Another good excuse to ignore the radio.
All is lost.
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

And now there's an english version coming from Basshunter. The video is not ready yet, but The Sun has got their hands on a preview: http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbi ... 486448.ece" target="_blank - with Norwegian Aylar Lie as the brunette (she looked better before she took out the implants ;) )
Experto credite!