Dragonforce

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
kai

Dragonforce

Post by kai »

A while ago, someone around here mentioned the LN part in Dragonforce's "Revelations" (about the middle - check eg YouTube - wonderful). Found that also their "Soldiers of the Wasteland' has a very SID/chiptuneish keyboard lead from 0:50 on - there are more examples.

The iTunes album review for "Valley of the Damned" tells the story -

<quote> For a band that collectively cites video game music as one of its major influences - the nine blistering tracks do, on occasion, conjure up images of greasy-haired teens huddled around a Commodore 64 playing King's Quest - the multicultural sextet is a master of its craft. </quote>

:D There's more remixers out there. They also deliver a kick@$$ liveshow. They are brits - wonder if they can be arsed to do a SR liveshow or play at BIT Live??? 8)
FunkyM
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Dragonforce

Post by FunkyM »

The D-Force, on SLAY?

Oh... AWESOME!!! :cheers:

Machinae Supremacy's Sidology Ep III would be catapulted into the stratosphere done by the D-Force...!
FMI - Creators of Funky Monkey, Cozy Cat, and NEW! Thunder Horse!

Try our products today, you'll really Notice the difference!
kai

Post by kai »

That's one GREAT :idea: !!!

D-force in a coop with Machinae... or playing any C64 tunes - I would pay ANYTHING for that CD.

And feel sorry for my neighbors and the general public. And my sense of hearing.

Let's not drop that thought. The guys seem to be in it for the fun rather than the money, and not terribly serious. Played a really long show in San Fran, screaming and yelling and jumping off stuff all the time. In the end, the singer had a huge smile on his face, produced a digicam and snapped a picture of the audience. :D
BAM

Post by BAM »

Hi all,

I posted on a thread on the Last Ninja Archives after I found this DragonForce Interview on Youtube in which the band members talked about how game music influenced them, sighting Last Ninja as one such source of inspiration :)

You can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-9e49vfvhw

Some very familiar "ninjaness" can be found on their following tunes:

Operation Ground and Pound - the opening section is LN1 Wastelands

Revelations - at 3:58 it sounds very much like the LN Remix version of Central Park.

BAM:)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The band "gave" Ben Daglish 10% of their royalties for the track for using that solo :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
BAM

Post by BAM »

Hey, thats great to hear, although I hope by using the word "give", that they were not being disrespectful to Ben - I mean if they had the desire to use his music in their own work then they obviously must have had respect for him.

Cool little bit of info there anyways! Thanks for sharing it :)

BAM:)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The guys were cool about it, it was their record company once they were properly signed who needed a bit of, shall we say, persuading :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
kai

Post by kai »

No fucking way!!! :D This is a really sweet story, thanks for sharing Chris& BAM - incredible they even flash the LN screen in the interview - And how decent of them to share some of their $$$ so that Ben can have a few pints - better than that lame Timbaland dude - well what can I say, rockers are good people :cheers: