What inspires you to choose a particular SID to remix?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: What inspires you to choose a particular SID to remix?

Post by RobinsonMason »

Doddsy wrote:I've always liked C64 music, partly because it has the best 8-bit sound chip and no other home computer sounded like it. Sometimes I'd get a game just for the soundtrack. I also had a PD demo disk for my Amiga called; "The top 100 C64 tunes." this is where I heard the majority of them.
Thanks! That makes sense. I wonder if the "Top 100" on that disk more or less holds today?

I have to think similar demo scene disks made their way around the C64 sneaker net disk swap and trades at high schools, etc. - but all I got was a lame batch of pop music covers. :(

I always liked the C64 music, too, but I took it for granted at the time. I mean, the music - such as the long intro tune to Adventure Construction Set, or the song from Super Huey impressed me, but I didn't know how too much about how other computers were doing at the time (I was 13 or so), I just knew it was a whole lot better than my VIC-20!

I do recall laughing at the beeping sounds coming from my friend's Apple IIe, though!
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

RobinsonMason wrote: Thanks! That makes sense. I wonder if the "Top 100" on that disk more or less holds today?

have a look and see

http://www.3bgfx.com/100C64Tunes.adf

:D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Thanks for the link this will bring back some memories!! :cheers:

You know thinking back one of the reasons why I liked listening to the sid chip and still do is its ability to do note slides in the music, my other computer & dare I say it my Speccy just wasn't capable of it! :P