Ziphoid is new Remix64 admin

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Ziphoid is new Remix64 admin

Post by fnordpojk »

Chris Abbott wrote:Or maybe your real aim here was to ruin Ziphoid's welcome thread? Well, all I see here is people welcoming Ziphoid and defending his reputation from smears and innuendo. I'd say that's a pretty good welcome.
I was going to post something, but Chris already said everything I wanted to say, so..

Congratulations, Ziphoid! Even less sleep for you! :wink:
Floaf
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Floaf »

Chris Abbott wrote:Or maybe your real aim here was to ruin Ziphoid's welcome thread?
(name removed) wrote:Okay, thanks Chris! It's not about the person itself, only about his work.
Why? It's so obvious that you don't think he has done enough to earn the reputation he has and you are trying to make everybody else think that too. Well, as you should see if your ego lets you, it doesn't work. Anyway, who are you to criticize his work? What have you ever done to the scene (that's constructive)?
(name removed) wrote:Is there an Wikipedia article about BIT Live Stockholm or another description? Couldn't find any. I would like to inform myself about this event, at least what it's about.
Ok, thats just embarrassing. You are dumb enough that you obviously can't use google??
Anyway, BIT was a wonderfull event! You being born wasn't...
http://www.x-formz.com <-- visit or die :-P
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

(name removed) wrote:...although SceneSat is not 100% nonprofit since it also plays comercial music..
At least he has permission to play those comercial tunes, and doesn't put up CD's with licensed music up for download.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

(name removed), you're an idiot. Get help. Seriously, you need it. Get help, get well, then contribute with some real content to the great community that this is. Until then, shut up.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Chris Abbott wrote: *sigh* You think you're smart with your "just questions", but everyone can see you're just trying to smear John. Your arrogance in thinking that everyone apart from you is stupid shines through with every character you type. In fact, with just about every single post you've ever done in this entire board, your ulterior motives, jealousy, paranoia and neediness are plain to see. You're a walking cliche who poisons every discussion with vacuous self-publicising comments, comments whose only aim is to try and smear a person or idea you don't like, or misrepresenting your opinions and prejudices as actual facts, when the actual facts lie sadly neglected, unchecked or killed with a barrage of false assumptions.
wow.
for a second i thought you were talking about italian press.

LOL :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

I would like to add to those who, quite rightfully, are congratulating Ziphoid on taking the mantle or Remix64 admin.

For me, I think it would be a shame if the site wasn't looked after by someone who has a genuine enthusiasm and apprecation for what everyone does as a community, and who is a very warm and friendly person to boot.

Ziphoid's been a credit, nothing else. From his taking on the task of CD selling at BITLite Manchester and BITLive London to organising BIT Stockholm, taking over the administration of AmigaRemix and generally improving the site there, he's always been one to contribute positively and in the right way. And just because sometimes his contributions aren't always visible, doesn't mean that it's cloak and dagger - often "working in the background" gets things done so that when they are announced, it's because of the hard work of a combined effort all round.

So, have fun squire, and just remember that the community here does support you - and in bucketloads.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

(name removed), there was NO NEED for you to post negative comments in this thread to start with, and when you showed how ignorant you were you should have stopped.

Leave it alone now.

Ziphoid, I look forward to seeing what you do now you've taken over as captain of the good ship Remix64. And thanks to first mate LMan for all his hard work.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

(name removed) wrote:If this is the only decent reaction you have, you rather need help about general behavior; only 160 postings and one of them nothing than an insult. You are in dire need of this?
Oh, Manuel, please! You constantly insult people here as soon as anyone criticizes you the slightest. You hide behind "questions" but always ignore the answers you get. Your have caused thousands of "misunderstandings", while trying to belittle everyone elses achievments, and praise your own.

So, Mr. (name removed), what are your achievments in this community? What have you contributed that makes you so utterly worthy of our respect? All I can see is your constant disapproval of everyone elses success. All you do is spread jealosy, and bad vibes, while hiding behind your "questions". You twist peoples words, and make them out to be bad pepole, when all they've done is given you chance upon chance to prove yourself. And you've blown it every time.

People would respect your work and enthusiasm if you simply stopped thinking everything is a competition. You simply don't get it, no matter how many times people try to explain it to you - so I'm not even going to try this time.

I'll simply say: Manuel, you're a jerk. You have been since the first day you tried to bulldoze your way to "underground fame". And you have, in a way, succeeded. Infamy is also fame. And sadly, I think that's the only kind of fame you'll ever get, or even deserve.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

You just proved my point. In your world, you are allowed to "question" everything around here, but as soon as someone questions you, and your agenda, it's "unfair".

Thanks for making my point so clear. I couldn't have done it better myself.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

to get back on topic ...

Congrats Ziphoid ! i hope you enjoy your new post. i have a feeling you will be good at it :thumbsup:
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

(name removed) wrote:I don't like compare myself with someone who has earned that fame which he deserves. I only had some simple questions and I didn't know much things, people did in background here. So what's wrong if I wanted to know it?
Dear Manuel,

The way you word things, come across very negative, even as you say you were asking simple questions and needed answers to them. The way they are asked seem to have been designed to provoke.

Maybe this is a result of online German to English translation software, but I'm starting to doubt that.

May I suggest for a while than, have someone who is fluent in both German and English do the talking/translating for you, a kind of spokesperson.

Its very common for celebrities to have a spokesperson talk on their behalf.

Maybe thats what you need.

PS: To keep on Topic.... Ziphoid is made of Awesome!!!
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Manuel,

Your replies to my and Makke's post just proves we're right. You are an idiot.

Yes, "just" 160 posts, now 161 - woohoo! I tend to spend my time doing some real work for the C64 community rather than bullshitting like you do. Can't you see that most people are against you? That should be a wake up call.

You deserve a smack in the face for your lousy behaviour, but violence is shit so I'll return to do something creative instead of wasting my time on you.

Andreas
rogerxy
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by rogerxy »

Sure you will do a good job Chris!
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I'd just like to echo what everyone else has said. The admins do a great job here, and it's sad to see LMan take a step back but it's obvious that Ziphoid will do a great job.

But hey Ziphoid how do you manage with so many fingers in so many pies? You'll have to tell me the secret one day.

Finally Manuel, please don't ruin this thread, let's just move on.
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

(name removed) wrote:Believe me...it's the same way I feel, so I hope there will be no opportunity to do it because I coudln't guerantee to lose my control.
Haha! This is the funniest shit I've read in ages! Why not come to the SLAY Radio gathering in August and lose some control? I'll make sure to bring my camera.

Seriously, this *is* my final message in this thread. And before I go, the new Remix64 menu is killer! Good work LMan/Ziphoid whoever made it. :)