PPOT flooded

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

PPOT flooded

Post by beyond »

Last night we had a huge splash wave over Copenhagen. This meant floods all over the place. Including the PPOT rehearsal sanctuary. We salvaged as much as we could but there is also a large amount of stuff to be restored. Electronics don't like water. All memorabilia gone. Lots of old commodore tech gone. Took 5 hours to drain.

What a punch in the gut. I'm all black and blue.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: PPOT flooded

Post by Makke »

No! What an absolute bummer! I hope this won't effect the planned 10'th anniversary gig?

Flooding is such an effective cause of damage. :|
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It seems to be "hurt PPOT" month, doesn't it? :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, you guys :(

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Truly sorry to hear this. :cry:

I would recommend you setup a Relief Fund or Recovery Fund.

If you have a PayPal account please let me know, I'll send some $$$ to help pay for recovery costs.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X64 wrote:Truly sorry to hear this. :cry:

I would recommend you setup a Relief Fund or Recovery Fund.

If you have a PayPal account please let me know, I'll send some $$$ to help pay for recovery costs.
It read to me like most of it was irreplaceable stuff :( It's like a violent allergic reaction from history... :(
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Thanks guys, for the support.

No need to for a fund, we'll manage. Right now, we need to asses the damage which I think it boils down to a ruined amp, our old mixer, maybe a bass, and then all the stuff that worth nothing unless you care about it. Oh and a couple of kilometres of audio cable with a aquired smell to it. The real problem is that we need to get up to speed as we have a concert coming up pretty soon. So that's gonna be a real challenge - but in hard times things seem to succeed on a larger scale as if Lady Luck suddenly gives you some focus, so that effect I hope kicks in real soon :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Oh, that's really bad news! Hang in there guys!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

i hope its not as bad as it first looks ...
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

It's not the looks.... it's the smell...

Just opened the amp and poured all the water out of it. Niagara Falls at 11!
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

Man, I'm really sad to hear that :(

Please take our best wishes from everyone in SRA!

I hope you guys get up'n'running soon. Don't worry about the show, in my experience, most projects start to work extremely well under pressure - you'll have great time there, for sure! ;)

Amps are sturdy beasts most of the time, I hope it will work after being dried. They can bear LOTS of abuse. My JCM900 fell off from the cab a couple of times, was thrown away when I slipped on ice, was sprayed beer at it (I don't drink, some MoFo threw his keg onstage), was frozen, was burned, remained operational with bad AC power, etc-etc-etc...

Back in my heavy touring days, I joined some folks driving all accross Europe. Lots of miles behind. The band leader and singer was the driver as well. He was kinda "good boss" taking care of the whole band and all the connecting stuff. One thing he did not do: stop between point A and B, only in case of re-fuelling the van. Everyone completed his flood'n'drop activities in the petrol station quickly and the van rolled on. As it happened, they had a band member who... you know, could not stop the flood once it was started :) Once, they were on a long journey and the man kept saying that they should stop, he'll need to release the water. The driver said no way, just use an empty bottle. It was night, the poor guy grabbed the closest plastic bottle and started sprayin'. Just seconds later he realised that the plastic bottle was the one that they used for funneling up the window washer fluid barrel in the car, so it has no bottom - but he just could not stop... As a consequence, he filled up a Peavey 5150 on the floor, and it was not his one :) They arrived cursing hard, then borrowed a blowdryer at the gig place and after a while the amp was operational... and it was the stinkiest one for a loooooong time as tubes started to cook :)
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Damn, flooding basements is one of my great fears when having a house. Sorry to hear about your flooding guys and hope you will recover without too much loss.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

To make things worse a water tap blew last night in my bathroom. The pipe with hot water on the tap simply broke off clean with a loud snap! Fortunately I heard it when it happened and could turn off the main water... and luckily I had a new tap to replace it with. The tap exchange was done at 01:00. Oh boy, I'm tired.

Anyone know where Lady Luck went? Well, not that far off. The entire PPOT rehearsal room is now revived (we spent 5 hours cleaning all our stuff, cords, stands, furniture, floor, walls and throwing out tons of stuff) and we only need to test all the instruments. The amp survived and so did the loudspeakers.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Damn. Talking about bad luck.
I hope you'll recover fast and the loss isn't that big. :(
All is lost.