Hippel tune

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Hippel tune

Post by Instant Remedy »

Does anyone know the real name of this tune? http://www.amigaremix.com/listen/1852/G ... Hippel.mp3

The tune is very common in various Amiga cracktros and it was not until recently I discovered this was one of his tunes. I really like this tune, except for the snare sound. I still have it on my head every now and then.
There is no question Hippel made the most awesome chip tunes on the Amiga in my opinion (and Atari of course).
The combination of crisp synth sounds (no lo-fi sampled bad-looping crap) and clean high quality drums was ingenious. A huge plus fro his use of arp-chords to bring the chippy sound.

Many of his tunes were used for cracktros and I always thought the cracking group made those tunes. I thought "oh man, Classic (or whatever) make quality music for their crack intros" but many years later I've come to realize many of them were ripped from games or whatever.
Maybe some were made by Hippel for a cracking groups, I don't know. They seldom credit the real music composer in cracktros, only in real demos when there was original music.
nummer2
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Hippel tune

Post by nummer2 »

Hello Instant :)

I found it at the Stone Oakvalley´s Amiga Music Collection. There it is named as "RSI Theme" but i dont know if this is really the real name.

Here is the link Hippel - RSI Theme

Greetings
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

That seems to be correct, after googling RSI Theme I came across a Thalion site which refers to the remix in my link as "R.S.I. Theme (Hands on Hippel)".
Thanks for the help :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Catchy tune.

There is a sound in there, that sounds like a human "psh" sound, is that the snare sound IR is referring to?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Yeah, I think so - the snare is way too "psh"-ish for my taste in the original.
The intro of the original song is epic, the sound is really powerful even today (in a chip tune way).
Check the original if you haven't already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSV2cvCQ ... re=related