How empathic looking are You when mixing?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Retrodanny

How empathic looking are You when mixing?

Post by Retrodanny »

Hey

I was first introduced to the remix world of C64/Amiga game music in the beginning of this year.
I was born with the Amiga era and I am already very acquainted to electronic music where trance is my most fav genre and I was very surprised how many professional sounding remixes there are available here on kwed and amigaremix.
How so many what-seems-to-be "ordinary" people can make so good and quality music in their spare time is beyond me :)

I would love for myself to create own remixes but never found to have the time nor proper practical quality to really make a full vivid song.
But if I did I would probably look like this DJ guy here below - Being really one with the music!
Just look at the song transition at about 10 seconds in and watch the energy bursting out :dancing:

So how empathic looking are You when mixing up a really special epic beat along with the main melody?
I just cannot visualize to myself anyone sitting descretely looking at the monitor like a clerk :wink:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: How empathic looking are You when mixing?

Post by Analog-X64 »

I was at a wedding once, the DJ looked like this guy, but was the total opposite, he was reserved and playing stuff from famous artists that nobody has ever heard of it, even the bride and groom went up to him and complained. Also he wouldn't take any requests, he had some type of queye system and was picking songs that he wanted to play.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: How empathic looking are You when mixing?

Post by Chris Abbott »

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?