Door hinge JBL brackets

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Door hinge JBL brackets

Post by Commie_User »

Well I'm not buying the proper Control One brackets I lost. Nor am I spending more than the £ 7.50 this did cost, even with lots of bits left over.

I get another glimmer of the pleasure others feel when they properly build a studio as well as finally doing what the BBC said by Making The Most Of The Micro!

I'm surprised I had such good balances all this time, the speakers crushed into the corner at the bedside. Was more comfortable though.
I'm surprised I had such good balances all this time, the speakers crushed into the corner at the bedside. Was more comfortable though.
Woofy and Tweety.jpg (126.86 KiB) Viewed 13888 times
The hinge is attached to the right-angled metal, which is then bolted onto the loudspeaker's own recess. Sadly there's only the one, so once the stiffness disappears, the units will just hang down straight instead of staying sideways.

But I can angle them as well as slant them if I want to get silly.

The local ironmongers did me right. And with the extra pleasure of finding the spirit level confirming dead reckoning now.
The local ironmongers did me right. And with the extra pleasure of finding the spirit level confirming dead reckoning now.
Supercharged Retro Wall.jpg (82.9 KiB) Viewed 13888 times
A very 'Fairlighty' feel, truly setting the seal that it's more than just a wall of toys after replacing the Sound Expander keyboard with a mightier P80. Nice accoustics too - a roomful of boxes and machines gives me a neutral kind of sound from the off.

And now I find these jobs so easy with the practice, it's a doddle widening the speaker placements if I want.

The bag on the wall collects the dust.
The bag on the wall collects the dust.
Dead level.jpg (123.15 KiB) Viewed 13888 times
Though if I hit my head on them in bed, back off they come 'til session. Though in the meantime, I could put a spare screen there too. Much nicer than getting a stiff neck looking sideways and after all, that music shop did chuck those nice flatscreens: viewtopic.php?t=8651#p91104

I've pretty much finished the last essential job after 13 years of home recording - mounting the speakers properly.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Door hinge JBL brackets

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makes me dizzy to look at!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Welcome to my world, covered in glitter and dust. And you ought to see the other wall on that corner, boxing me in with all that computery, obsoletey goodness. I don't think having no projects even matters now.

Though all this now leaves no space for the MPS 801. It must feel abandoned.

But I'm sure The Guvnor, Ian MacNaught Davis himself, would have been pleased with us all. Episode 7 must have kickstarted it all for so many.

(And check out Micro Blues, sounding for all the world a NES sound rather than that of the humble Beeb.)
Last edited by Commie_User on 30/04/2013 - 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I heard some great music on the ole' Beeb. There was a particularly good version of "Sweet Dreams" which I remember.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Is this the track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAhJlVZnQw

More Beeb music, sounding NESsy again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRGBMEhLJY

I'm glad I have MIDINES and those Game Genie codes, else I'd be jealous.

I was impressed with Firetrack's music when I heard it on Youtube. I think it was here that I said how faithful it was to the good sounds and visuals of the c64 version, then was told it was actually the other way around.

I used to play that game for ages and still have it. I'm surprised the tape hasn't yet worn out.

Other Beeby memories: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/7307723.stm
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yes, that was the Sweet Dreams I was talking about...
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Martin Galways BBC tunes still retain some of his sparkle, though the SID versions ...well.. Its just Sid eh.. Worth a listen though, especially Galaforce2.

http://www.stairwaytohell.com/music/ind ... e=homepage
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I enjoyed those BBC tunes. I sometimes think sparser SID arrangements would have been more interesting, though those were what people wanted to escape from.

And for pudding, I put one of my screens up. Just a couple of nails to hang the bracket by. Go-go free music shop till display.

It'll save looking sideways and will even cure a CRT buzz issue.
It'll save looking sideways and will even cure a CRT buzz issue.
Bangy.jpg (91.19 KiB) Viewed 13851 times

And the same thing by the Hammond. With visuals everywhere, including through the telly on wheels, I can perform that microsurgery without a cricked neck. Just patch 'em all into the box and bay, plus a mouse extension and that's it.
I even found a bit of old washing line to tie it up with. Spares cupboard fun indeed.
I even found a bit of old washing line to tie it up with. Spares cupboard fun indeed.
One for every wall.jpg (93.06 KiB) Viewed 13851 times

I think it's a bit of a creed with me to have a solid job without the expense. And to make patching it all so transparent that even my sluggish brain is never confused when running it all.

I think I did well.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Is that a harp?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Yes, a sweet little nylon-stringer, I think sounding a little Oriental as it's so small. I made a sample of it for a video, though I think I overcompressed it.

And I'm also toying with the idea of a mouseboard on a hinge, doubling as a headboard when folded to the wall. Or just having a touchpad on my lap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Wireless ... 1e78f0b1ed
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Oooooo... I want one of those... I would use it to control a Media Center PC.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Commie_User wrote:Yes, a sweet little nylon-stringer, I think sounding a little Oriental as it's so small. I made a sample of it for a video, though I think I overcompressed it.

The three chords at 1:48.. Ghost'n'Goblins for sure!!! :nod: heh