Bubble Bobble Rearrangification

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Bubble Bobble Rearrangification

Post by poke16384 »

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen... It's been a wee while!

Just uploaded a new remix of Bubble Bobble.. as always, all comments welcome!

http://www.remix64.com/track/peter-clar ... harmonika/

Hope everyone is well. I see the usual suspects still loitering with intent around here...

LMan, Andy, Commie & Necropolo Hello!!
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Bubble Bobble Rearrangification

Post by AndyUK »

Well damn me... Finally the focus isn't the bouncy happy main theme. most of the tunes in Bubble Bobble deserve more love than they get, and you seem to have sent them bed with a hot cup of tea and a warm blanket.. Nice job Peter, nice job. Sound quality is top notch and the pacing feels like a film score, leading from one section of the game into another.. Arrangements like this should lead the listener on a path, along a journey of sorts and you nailed it buddy.. ( oh and Tune8.. Hmmm :) ) But no Last of the summer wine moments this time eh? :hysterical:

How do you feel about going back and redoing old tunes?? You rewriting what should have been there or is it like having kids? You remember being there but details are kinda sketchy:)
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Thanks for the comment, (and the shout) Andy... and Hello again!
AndyUK wrote:How do you feel about going back and redoing old tunes?? You rewriting what should have been there or is it like having kids? You remember being there but details are kinda sketchy:)
It depends on the SID tune... Some of them, I can't remember any of the creation process at all. For the rest, it's the former rather than the latter. I always felt restricted by the limitations
of the SID chip from a polyphony point of view. Always chopping notes off to get the channel free for another note or sound. I think that's why I keep coming back to this stuff mainly, a slight
feeling of "unfinished business".
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Trance4Mason
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Trance4Mason »

Wow - I love this!

As soon as the main theme kicked in, my face was a gigantic smile :w00t:

Great job on the orchestral arrangement; you've really opened my ears to the idea of symphonic structured creations (the word remix doesn't do this piece justice - IMO)

I like your comment about the `horns going walkabout' - I too share this appreciation; meandering woodwind evokes a wonderful feeling of folly. It takes me back to when I used to play drums in a Jazz Orchestra.

Now i'm wondering what game tune would lend itself to a swing makeover... :idea:
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Thanks for your compliments...
Now i'm wondering what game tune would lend itself to a swing makeover... :idea:
Have a listen to some of Rune-Bertil's stuff - lot of swing going on there..