Savage (funky 4)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Ahriakin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Savage (funky 4)

Post by Ahriakin »

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks to the folks that have taken the time to listen and comment on this. I appreciate it and all constructive criticism.

If you like it, and care about lossless, here are links to the FLAC versions (hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting these? If so mod please delete).

16 bit
http://www.whisperbetweenworlds.com/mus ... _Funk.flac

24 bit
http://www.whisperbetweenworlds.com/mus ... _Funk.flac
Ahriakin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Savage (funky 4)

Post by Ahriakin »

And some quick replies to comments so far:

In General:
A few comments about the length and how finished it is. Apart from unfinished meaning unpolished (highly possible :) ) I deliberately kept the track short as the original only takes about a minute to loop. Also the SID itself is quite simple, it had individual elements I loved but is far from Jeroen's most complex work (imho), it did exactly what it needed to though ingame. I didn't want to drift too far from that even though that started happening towards the end.

MFE:
For better or worse (okay I know worse) I do the vast majority of my work on headphones, I do switch back to the monitors for reference/checking phase destruction etc. but my my mixing environment is far from ideal so the mixes will always sound their best on Cans. I did spend a lot of time playing with the stereo field and depth for the effects so thanks for noticing.

Jojje70:
Fair enough, glad you liked the overall sound though.

Monty
Glad you liked it, as I mentioned in the General section above I deliberately kept it short to try and stay closer to the original, even though I ended up taking many liberties with the elements.

LaLa
Understood, again thanks for listening and the feedback. Maybe I'll take another stab at it in a few years but I'm really trying to try and get into the mindset of just wrapping things up and moving on. I spend WAY too long on tracks twiddling away and then never finishing them. This will just have to fall into the lessons to learn bucket :).