Grospixels remixes

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Grospixels

Grospixels remixes

Post by Grospixels »

Hi there, this is my first post. :cheers:

I'm french and my first name is Laurent, gamer and guitarist since the eighties. I'm a co-founder of the Grospixels project, wich is both a retro-gaming website (founded some 15 years ago) and a video game cover team. I wouldn't call it a "band" since we never play live or even rehearse together, it's just some guys doing home studio.

The other day, I submitted a Wizball cover to RKO. Being accepted was a nice reward in itself, but the song also received some kind comments and I'd like to thank the guys who posted them. Being encouraged and seeing people reacting to what you do is such a rare thing on the web these days, so that's great. I really appreciate that.

We've started recording video game covers around 2003, not being aware that there was a scene, or a community, for such things. We've done more than 100 songs, generally focusing on electric guitar, and our production methods have come a long way. In the past years, we had some inactive periods, without any new remix for months, but recently we've seriously returned to business, with 8 news songs done in the last two months. I've recorded them entirely by myself, because the other guys are too busy for now, and my goal is to do 6 or 7 more before summer. Generally, I choose the tunes according to my personal best memories, wich led me to cover some obscure games like Gemini Wing, Knight Tyme or Young Merlin. Some of them are C64 classics, but it's an indirect consequence, because I was a... MSX owner (sorry :oops: ).

If you want to check it out, here's the link to the Youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/user/LoloGP

I've got other links, but I don't want to flood my first post with advertisement. I'd be glad to give any other information and talk about anything, and I'll try to comment other remixes.