Non Kwed approved remixes of note.

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Non Kwed approved remixes of note.

Post by Squirrley »

That's a lotta nuts!!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

marko river wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:PVFC - My Number is C64
Why is this track gone from slayradio.org? It was possible to put the song in queue, but not anymore. I thought that it must have been removed when Ziph left, but that is not logical, since it is C64 remix.
Actually, it's not a C64 remix. It just sounds (very much) like a remake of a C64 track. Which is also the reason it's not on RKO.

That being said, if PVCF were to travel back in time, compose a SID, and have it included in the HVSC - then the 'remix' would be most welcome there.
Schlicky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Schlicky »

Damn - that Thundercats one rocks.

Anyone got "working" links to Putzi's megamixes ? I have space to put them on a site if needed.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

marko river wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:PVFC - My Number is C64
Why is this track gone from slayradio.org? It was possible to put the song in queue, but not anymore. I thought that it must have been removed when Ziph left, but that is not logical, since it is C64 remix. No need to remove the song from slayradio... Can the song be found anywhere? It's been years since I last heard it...
Well, the most probable reason why it currently is not on the SLAY rotational would be that Slaygon had a major HD crash a little while ago and has probably just not had the time to put it back in there again.

Although, you can listen to it in Kenz's excellent PVCF special of his One Man And His Mic podcast at http://binaryzone.org/podcast/series2.php#show15 or queue it up at SceneSat Radio via http://scenesat.com/track/5173
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

james_mcl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by james_mcl »

Ziphoid wrote:Although, you can listen to it in Kenz's excellent PVCF special of his One Man And His Mic podcast
Actually, that's not the original version; it's a remix. I preferred the original myself, though that WAS an excellent podcast :wink:

Who sings the vocals for that song? I've googled without finding out, naturally I suspect Kate Lesing :)

Also, I can't find the CZ Tunes version of Double Dragon to download anywhere. Does anyone have it who could email it to me? Thanks!
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

There's actually two versions of DD out there, normal and extended...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Schlicky wrote:Damn - that Thundercats one rocks.

Anyone got "working" links to Putzi's megamixes ? I have space to put them on a site if needed.
They are not online anymore, but I can use the magic of TCP/IP to transfer them to you if you like :-)

And besides, I'm thinking of doing a new megamix in 2011. Steinberg Wavelab 7 is so awesome and it would be fun doing a megamix with it. 8)
putzi
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Possibly everyone's already aware of this and I'm coming to the party several decades late as per usual, but there are some incredibly lovely remixes (or "remakes", if you prefer) of some groovy old Amiga game tunes just here:

http://www.sunspire-records.com/static. ... 116-222053

I stumbled upon the Rodland remixes on YouTube yesterday while looking for footage of another game entirely, and they were so fantastically lovely I felt compelled to sing their praises here. All of them are perkily uplifting, and the rejigged "End Credits" piece is especially wonderful; it's got this unexpectedly majestic, touchingly happy-sad quality about it, like the sort of tune you'd get at the end of a Hayao Miyazaki movie as the heroic tiny children and their slightly scary (but still lovable) big hairy monster friend sail off into the clouds aboard their magic anti-gravity pedalo, or something.

The BC Kid remix is super as well, for entirely different reasons. It's just a great big bag of bouncy daftness.

If you've not come across Sunspire before, I heartily recommend giving their remixes a listen. And you can download them for free! Ace.
SunSpire

Post by SunSpire »

[quote] If you've not come across SunSpire before ...[/quote]

Indeed they have ;)

I've been around the AR and SceneSat quarters for about a year with the odd release here and there, hehe. That's so nice of you to say, I'm glad you're enjoying the tunes! Rest assured there will be more very soon :)

I yet have to listen through the heaps of C64 remixes on kwed, I'm more of an Amiga person myself but some of my favorite remixers are active on both platforms. Also if you've not listened to SceneSat or Slay-Radio before, I can highly recommend those too :)

"SunSpire"
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re:

Post by Infamous »

Subzero wrote:all my remixes coz they are all ace and the panel are all deaf ;)
lol bless, I remember a while ago someone put up a big FTP list of pretty much every remix they owned and that had a fair few that wasnt up on RKO or on the big list here.. maybe thats still hanging about somewere? it'd be nice to find some of those ones that have been lost to the annums of time.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Infamous wrote: lol bless, I remember a while ago someone put up a big FTP list of pretty much every remix they owned and that had a fair few that wasnt up on RKO or on the big list here.. maybe thats still hanging about somewere? it'd be nice to find some of those ones that have been lost to the annums of time.
I still have a bunch of RKO tunes from before the big cleanup. something like 400 Plus tracks, from around Year 2000 I think. The hard drive is offline, but I can probably put it back online if needed.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

In case people have forgotten about it, there's also an unofficial torrent appropriately named "RKO: The Lost Files"
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Downloaded that a couple of days ago, nice little blast from the past though it does need a bit of a cleanup there are alot of multiple files.. maybe something I could do seeing as I pointed it out eh lol.

But ahhhhh sweet memories.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Infamous wrote:Downloaded that a couple of days ago, nice little blast from the past though it does need a bit of a cleanup there are alot of multiple files.. maybe something I could do seeing as I pointed it out eh lol.

But ahhhhh sweet memories.
Yeah, there are dups, and misnamed files that actually are on kwed but it's still worth a download.
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

SunSpire wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying the tunes! Rest assured there will be more very soon :)"

Hurrah! I look forward to hearing them. Are you still planning to tackle the remaining Rodland melodies?