Thanks daXX

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
ZebUK
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Thanks daXX

Post by ZebUK »

I've been browsing through a lot of the music files on amigaremix.com and have come across a hell of a lot of great tunes. Some not so great but one thing that surprised me was the lack of demo tunes.

Just downloaded your BA1 remix and love it which is the main reason that prompts me to write this. Brings back soooo many memories as do Cebit '90, Discogroove, Japanese Rock, Kaosmodules and the RSI stuff. Winamp is showing me I've got 2h10m22s of your tunes - they'll be burnt onto an MP3 CD for the car during long journeys :P

I must have downloaded every tune by now (I have about 2.15GB of remixes on my HD) and as I said earlier, I'm very surprised at the lack of demo conversions.

Thanks for covering some of the more popular ones - I look forward to seeing your remixes go online... (would love to see some more classic RSI tunes :P)

:cheers:
Amiga Software Downloads
http://www.pictureinthesky.net
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Thanks daXX

Post by Makke »

daXX has produced an impressive amount of Amiga remixes the past year, and with consistently high quality!

I hope he scores high in the Remixer of the Year polls, because I think he really deserves it - even though Amiga remixes tend to "ride in the back seat" quite often around here. :|
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

thx for your support guys ! :cheers:
Astralia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Astralia »

I totally agree! You, Daxx, are one of my absolute favs when it comes to both amiga remixes and your other work as well!!! I remember i always sat down with my amiga having your mods pumping at high volume during late IRC-nights :D A true musicmaestro in my eyes!

Keep up the goodies Daxx :D

/Astralia
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Makke wrote:daXX has produced an impressive amount of Amiga remixes the past year, and with consistently high quality!

I hope he scores high in the Remixer of the Year polls, because I think he really deserves it - even though Amiga remixes tend to "ride in the back seat" quite often around here. :|
I think that we can push them up a notch from hereon, actually. The quality level has been constantly raised and I'm working on making the site even more flexible and attractive, so I hope it'll make it a bit better in the end.
ZebUK wrote:Just downloaded your BA1 remix and love it which is the main reason that prompts me to write this.
This one is actually sort of made on request, even though daXX intended to cover all the tracks from the RSI megademo anyhoo. I was chatting with him a late night and told him that I've always loved that mod. About half an hour later he sent me a brief WIP of it and by the next morning the track was submitted to the queue. Impressive for sure.

daXX - keep it up, matey! :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

WTF? Did he freeze time or something :shock: ? Or maybe is it jsut me who is slow when it comes to remixing because one night - even with no sleep I'm not able to put up a completed remix mastered and all. Not in a long shot. But of course, daXX probably has a *pretty* efficient pipe by now, putting all those quality remixes down in -07. Damn you daXX, I almost feel retarded. Anyways, keep up the good work!
Astralia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Astralia »

Btw Daxx, would be nice to see or read about your studio/equipment you use for all those wonderful tunes! :D
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

equipment ? easy to say :)

just 1 dual core pc, ableton live 7 and a lot of good samples... :)

thats all what i need. ^^

:cheers:
ZebUK
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ZebUK »

My memory is a bit hazy of some music now as I've not fired up WinUAE for a while due to lack of "play" time (damned Battlefield 2!) and I had to get rid of my Amiga a few years ago.

I remember loving the music to the end of Turrican 1 and the title music to Wiz'n'Liz although the latter (if I remember correctly) was a shortish sequence on loop but I might be wrong.

With regards to your samples, I presume that the originals from the Amiga are at too low quality to use when remixing - correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you do when you need a sample you haven't got in your collection? I ask because a load of your tunes have samples that sound like they're from the original sources like for example BA1 - if those aren't the original samples they're damn close!
Amiga Software Downloads
http://www.pictureinthesky.net
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

hehe...

Sometimes it's possible to remaster the old amigasamples like in BA1... It need a long time but i love to remaster amiga samples... :)

Or i have to search for the samples like vocalsamples in blood money etc... For Romeo Knights rise up i search 4 years for all the original samples and finaly found them... The only one i have done self is the "Red Sector" vocal... was'nt very hard to speak itself... :D

BA1 is almost original Amiga Samples which i have remastered in some hours !

cheers,
daxx :cheers:
Astralia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Astralia »

Thats amazing daxx, great job indeed. Do you remaster the samples in Abelton as well (I never used Abelton myself.) or do you use any other program for cleaning up those samples?
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

yeah... i use cool edit to clean them :)
modmancer

Post by modmancer »

Astralia wrote:I totally agree! You, Daxx, are one of my absolute favs when it comes to both amiga remixes and your other work as well!!! I remember i always sat down with my amiga having your mods pumping at high volume during late IRC-nights :D A true musicmaestro in my eyes!

Keep up the goodies Daxx :D

/Astralia
I am here to join the guys above!
Daxx you're def one of my favs! :D

keep it up, your tracks on amigaremix are great!!
:::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.::::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.::::.:.::.:...:.::.:..:::.:
insert disk two..
daXX
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by daXX »

thx for the flowers mates :-)

i'll do my best to create new remixes soon!

Don't forget to buy SYNTAX ERA ! AWESOME DISC - Full of very professional sounding Remixes !!!

cheers,
daXX
trackah123
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by trackah123 »

Yes , you make good music (high quality) :D good work you deserve the amigaremix award ( if it exists :D )