Boobywires, Tripholes & Foxtraps

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Lord Nikon

Boobywires, Tripholes & Foxtraps

Post by Lord Nikon »

Hi all,

Today my latest C64 remix has gone live - Boobywires, Tripholes & Foxtraps - look forward to hearing any comments (for or against!) this mix. I appreciate I might be letting myself in for a bit of slack as this is a popular/well known tune (?), but i'm chuffed to bits with this. Written entirely from memory, I did NOT have access to the original SID when creating this so am really happy with the final sound. This was written and recorded with a Roland MC-909 groovebox.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to address some comments that were attached to my earlier remix, "How Many Boulders" (a remix of the spellbound dizzy theme). It was another track I wrote entirely from memory (my god, I played the game so much, how could I not get it right!). When I wrote this track, my sole intention was to take myself back to the days of loading up Spellbound Dizzy, trying and trying to complete it, yet usually failing miserably (or getting bored within the first hour :) - basically, I wanted to capture the original sound(s), yet modernise them a little with some proper drums. Anyway, some listeners comments reflected that the synth choice wasn't the best here - upon reflection, I'd have to agree that the synth that comes in at approx 2 minutes is a >bit< harsh. There were one or two comments that the track was perhaps a little too long - anyone who knows the original will agree that this was a very repetitive tune - I'm really not sure what else I could do with it, bar end at 2 mintues 30 seconds, but I begrudge a track that's so short :) As with my new Platoon remix, this was written entirely on the MC-909.

[EDIT: After another listen through of this (and a brief row with a mate), I agree that the synth at 2 mins is nothing like the C64 SID :) I can only put this down to playaing Spellbound on the C64 AND Speccy, and it would appear i've recreated the synth from the speccy tune (?) - remember I wrote this from memory! Apologies to all involved :]

Anyway, I've typed enough. Look forward to hearing any comments anyone has to offer - haven't chosen my next C64 remix yet, but am leaning towards "One Man And His Droid" (although it will ALWAYS be "Invade-a-load" for me :) - watch this space!