The produkt or fb-08

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

The produkt or fb-08

Post by Infamous »

So on the update to the hvsc I have a look at whats new and discover in D:\HVSC_52-all-of-them\C64Music\MUSICIANS\C\Ciaran .. that this wonderful person has done a c64 remix of the farb-rausch wonder demo - the produkt.

I listen to the sid.. i smile, i go off to scene.org and find the kb original.. i smile some more.. i go download the demo again.. I remember just how god damn fantastic the thing was and then I do this.

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/Testing.mp3

I plan to finish this off, I dont know if it'll pass the kwed filter as its a redoing of an original tune.. I'd actually like to get hold of Tammo "KB" Hinrich's himself and get his blessing before I even consider doing that anyway.

Onto technicalities. Im using ableton for this its running at 260bpm so that I can gate things a little easier. I turned off all the EQ units and my compressor died during recording so the drumbeat is a little "flat"

The strings I will do alot more work on because I want them to keep rising and getting more and more wider and louder until they fade out to the bassline section (hopefully in the same way it does now cos i quite like that) though I do want to work on that filter effect a little more so its smoother.

The section after will be alot longer, I just put that in there to have some kind of further reference for myself and i plan to continue building on the bass/strings until it reaches what you hear at 1:21.

Here its skipping a huge temperature filter section you can still hear if you listen the strings have it turned on and i turn it off to bring them back, plan to tie everything together and do a tried and tested trancey filter build that will slowly work its way to the final part and the "drop" into the main tune .. the synth used there is a simple saw/square being run through guitar rig 4 to give it a slightly grungy feel. I turned the rig down for monitoring purposes.. that thing will be ALOT louder (think marcel woods) and lead the track, which will continue to move along and slowly lose parts to its final.

Or at least thats the plan... anyone got any suggestions/comments? feel free.
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: The produkt or fb-08

Post by tomsk »

Very nice Chris, as always it's crisp with wonderful beats n bass. As for suggestions ? How about some orchestration strings when everything builds up? Loved them at the start, and maybe you could bring them back somewhere in the mix ?
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Im running stress tests on how many instances of the nexus and helix i can have running at the same time to see just how beefy i can get the strings, I REALLY want it to feel epic as it builds up and then drop down into the bassline.

The highpassed bassline thats a copy of the original bassline, now filters sweetly and doesn't just jump in like it does in the version above and im trying to get the strings and other filters to swirl around it. Feverishly looking for some better "booms" too the one ive got is just a bassdrum thats been reverbed off its tits... doesn't cut the mustard in this house.

Later today I'll post up the next version of it.
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Later today I'll post up the next version of it.
Good ! I think it's one of your best WIP tunes - and would love to hear it embellished with Strings and maybe some lyrics ???
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Ok the structure is down now, Theres a few bits to fix still (the filtering is still pretty tame and the seperate string patterns havn't been added yet) + I've not eq'ed it at all.

But im quite proud of how its sounding so far.

The link above is an updated version of the tune.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

That sounds really good Infamous.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Updated it again, its still missing the extra strings but its pretty much structured correctly now

Got a couple more bits and pieces to do to it and i believe that's "job done".

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/Testing.mp3
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Its about 95% done now, theres a bit of tidying up to do here and there but im pretty happy with how it sounds now.

Have a listen let me know what ya think.

*edit - link is above or at the top of the thread.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

98.50% done, the version up there is the final one before I run it through on the slightly more recording minded computer and record it correctly. (alot of the fx are missing off this because the computer im running on is my old one and is frankly.. demented.. the new one is shiny and very powerful).

Bit of a momentous occasion really (at least for me anyway lol), as I have made a decision due to other commitments that I have.. which may I add I feel I owe many of you a debt of gratitude for. I wouldn't be where I am now musically and to some extent in my general life without the input and support many of you have given me over the years so thank you ever so much I absolutely love you guy's your like my rather over extended pan european/western continent whats over there >points< family!. This will be my last remix for the foreseeable future.

I'll obviously still be hanging about can't get rid of me "that" easily to offer up my pearls of unwisdom and general whittlings and I look forward to listening to everyone elses music as it comes, may the scene live on for a fair while yet!.

Anyway, above link has been updated again, next time it's heard it should (if it gets accepted ofc) be up on rko at some point.

Again, thanks guy's and girls!.