Ace Amiga Remixes Not on AmigaRemix

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ace Amiga Remixes Not on AmigaRemix

Post by Matt Smith »

There are, of course, oodles of toppingly fab remixed tunes to be found at AmigaRemix.com. But there are some particularly nifty remakes of smashing old Amiga melodies that can't be heard there (yet), so I thought a thread dedicated to celebrating their aceness might be in order.

Lately, I've happened across a fabulously funky Project X remix by Andrea Milana:

And also a trancey-jolly rendition of the title theme from Doodlebug, which was created for an iPad port of the cheerful platformer:

Good, aren't they? Anyone else got any to recommend?
Last edited by Matt Smith on 21/07/2011 - 9:08, edited 1 time in total.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Ace Amiga Remixes Not on AmigaRemix

Post by Analog-X64 »

This version of Project-X is nice as well.

d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Matt Smith wrote: Lately, I've happened across a fabulously funky Project X remix by Andrea Milana:

http://youtu.be/UU7HJJDYzdw
Stumbled upon THIS a few Weeks ago. Yeah,it`s great. What a shame that she got only 19 subscribers - deserves a lot more for her effort.

I surely got some faves on my YouTube list that didn`t made it to Amigaremix.com - have to dig them out first. :)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

if I happen across a c64/Amiga remix which has not been uploaded to the two sites in the top right hand corner, I usually leave a comment/send a message suggest they upload them there.
ronaldvd
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ronaldvd »

Analog-X64 Wrote:
> This version of Project-X is nice as well.
Indeed it is! For anyone who hadn't noticed, this version is actually from AmigaRemix: http://www.remix64.com/track/allister_b ... oject_x99/ :wink:
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Not quite. It's from the first Immortal Album.
ronaldvd
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ronaldvd »

C64GLeN Wrote:
> Not quite. It's from the first Immortal Album.
Oops, you're absolutely right, of course! :oops:

But I wonder if this version is any different from the version that is on AmigaRemix: http://www.remix64.com/track/allister_b ... project_x/
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

ronaldvd wrote:C64GLeN Wrote:
> Not quite. It's from the first Immortal Album.
Oops, you're absolutely right, of course! :oops:

But I wonder if this version is any different from the version that is on AmigaRemix: http://www.remix64.com/track/allister_b ... project_x/
Yeah. The 2007 version is a different remix.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

C64GLeN wrote:if I happen across a c64/Amiga remix which has not been uploaded to the two sites in the top right hand corner, I usually leave a comment/send a message suggest they upload them there.
yeah, did that with "Commando64" many months ago, as I was stumbling upon one of his great Turrican Metal-Remakes on YouTube. Still many Remixers outta there who aren`t aware of these 2 Sites. Maybe one day all Remixers of the scene are united in ONE place. 8)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

By the way; "Putzi" crossed my Way on an "Amiga Classix" CD-Rom that I purchased in an Electronic Store. (a collection of Games combined with the WinUAE Emulator, from Magnussoft) - I think it was this one: Image
One of his Remixes (Last Ninja #C64) was used for the main menu of this CD. His Name brought me to RKO/Amigaremix. It was like swimming in Gold the first Time I saw all these Amiga/C64 remixes in one place... 80 That was a hell of a Night I proceeded with downloading and downloading and downl...and listening and listening and list... and tons of cigarettes and coffee - and a Time that just stood still XD

But...could be also one of the C64 Classix CD-Rom of the very same Company that brought me to RKO/Amigaremix. I guess all of their CD`s were using Remixers from these 2 Sites over here. Just can`t remember which one I bought first.
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

While we're here, mention should be made of the absolutely wonderful Rodland remixes by Sunspire, as seen here: http://www.sunspire-records.com/static. ... 116-222053 (Just scroll down a bit and you'll find 'em.)

Most of the tunes on that page are already on AmigaRemix, but the Rodland ones are an exception, and they're a delight. (There are more Z-Out remixes to be found, as well.) I sang their praises previously on another thread, but that was a thread about groovy C64 things and these remakes are very definitely based on the Amiga soundtrack.
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Meanwhile, on YouTube:

A rather funky reworking of the music from Superfrog's first world, which I always preferred to the oft-remixed title theme;

A trio of guitary Cannon Fodder covers, all of which are excellent (especially the recruitment theme, AKA "Narcissus");

And lastly, but by no means leastly, a cool and ominous remix of the tune from level four of Alien 3. Yes, I know it started out on the Mega Drive, but the Amiga conversion had the same music and it's fab, so I'm adding it here anyway. (Also worth a listen is the same fellow's remix of the Alien 3 boss music, accessible through his YouTube user page.)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

While we're here, mention should be made of the absolutely wonderful Rodland remixes by Sunspire, as seen here: http://www.sunspire-records.com/static. ... 116-222053 (Just scroll down a bit and you'll find 'em.)
^ Good stuff. Makes me wonder why he hasn`t released it on Amigaremix. In the description he`s talking about a "Rodland Remastered album" - maybe that`s the reason why.
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

putzi