All my circuits... er... ringtones

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

All my circuits... er... ringtones

Post by Chris Abbott »

In 2004, I spent a lot of time doing MIDI polyphonic ringtones of C64 games, mostly based on my own MIDI tracks that had appeared on CDs. It was a lot of fun trying to cram the wibbly SFX into the typical phone synth, but the end results sounded very... well, AY, if I'm honest. Good though, nice and wibbly.

Because my timing sucks and because these are too good not to annoy people on trains (seriously, Mutants ringtone is about the weirdest thing I've ever heard coming from a phone)... I've made them available to download (some of these are also bonus files with Project Galway). C64 music = retro, C64 remixes = retro, Poly ringtones = retro :)

http://bit.ly/WTWrtL

Download away. Navigate with your mobile to download directly to the phone. It's essentially just the bare directory.

I'd love to hear how these sound through some of the more popular phones, since I've only heard them through an old V525, and a ZTE X991 (Orange Rio).

It's a damn shame they don't work on iPhones though. I guess that's a job for another day!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Re: All my circuits... er... ringtones

Post by Dumper »

Thanks for posting those Chris.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Yeah Chris, in 2002 this could have been a success :/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

lol, yeah. My timing sucks! Ironically, it was these ringtones which led to DetectRight existing.

I'm just glad to finally give people a chance to hear them: phones apart from the iPhone should play them fine, and "Phone MIDI" is now quite retro itself. Plus as MIDI sequences they might well be useful for other remixers.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris Abbott wrote:I'm just glad to finally give people a chance to hear them: phones apart from the iPhone should play them fine, and "Phone MIDI" is now quite retro itself. Plus as MIDI sequences they might well be useful for other remixers.
Have these been available previously on other sites? The Bomb Jack one sounds very much like an uncredited midi file I used while making a remix. If I remember correctly If it had a bit of weird tempo, but I would never have made it without it.

If so, belated thanks. :worship:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Wow... how did I miss this post the first time around? I'll see how Mutants sounds on my Galaxy S iii :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120