Back In Time Bergen 2018

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back In Time Bergen 2018

Post by LaLa »

It's 4am local time in Norway, the BIT Live event here in Bergen just concluded. What a fantastic 2-day celebration it was! I had so much fun and I have so many stories to tell... And I have pictures, too, but those will have to come later once I am back in the United States.

I just want to drop a quick note to the organizers, to Jarle and the entire Fastloaders crew to thank them for making this great event possible! It wasn't without its last minute difficulties, but they pulled through and we all had a blast! :worship: :cheers:

It was an honor for me that I finally met Jeroen Tel - he was one of the few SID musicians left on my bucket list, and now I can cross him off it, too. :D And chatting with Reyn, Chris Hülsbeck, Jarle & the Fastloaders, Mordi, Chris Abbott, Slaygon, Ziona, Ziphoid... There are so many very nice people on the scene, and I'm glad I finally got to meet several of them in person!

If you couldn't make it to Bergen, I think there will be recordings of the event on Scenesat and on Slay Radio's YouTube channel.

And if there's ever another BIT Live event - seriously consider going! I know Life can be tough at times and it can get in the way (I mean, just look at me: I haven't been to a BIT Live event in 15 years!), but in the end it will be the things you missed that you will regret the most in your life, and a BIT Live event is not to be missed by SID & SID remix fans, regardless of where it is in the world!

Thanks again for the memories, and thanks for the music!

ROC=K ON!
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Back In Time Bergen 2018

Post by C64GLeN »

Looked like a brilliant event, I caught bits and pieces on Slayradio over the weekend. Reyn's performance was immense.

I'll be catching up with all the bits I missed over and over via the podcasts and videos. Thanks to all performers and organisers for all their work!
fredda

Post by fredda »

Bit 2018 was such a fantastic experience! My first BiT. Concidered travelling abroad earlier to be a part of it, and this time it was in my home town.. crazy :D

Friday was abit affected by delayed flights, but saturday was great.. That Fastloaders concert was epic.

Looking forward to see your pictures from your days in Bergen LaLa. It was nice meeting you. We had a chat on day one on the table next to SlayRadio. Has to be you since you said you came all the way from US but were originally from Hungary :)

Have a safe trip back home.

Thanks to those who organised and performed, and for bringing all that nice merch for us to buy! Got some nice new shines for my collection :D
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by kjetiln »

Indeed! It was very obvious that everyone had an awesome weekend! I hope we can do this again some time! :D The only sad part was the rain, but at least you got to see Bergen from it's typical side :D
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

How much money do I have to pay to get high-quality versions of the tracks from Reyn's set? Because...

LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

kjetiln wrote: <span class="hotdate" style="color:#888;">16/10/2018 - 8:55</span> Indeed! It was very obvious that everyone had an awesome weekend! I hope we can do this again some time! :D The only sad part was the rain, but at least you got to see Bergen from it's typical side :D
I didn't mind the rain, but I very much missed Ben from the event: his enthusiasm, his passion, his talent, his humor... It just wasn't quite the same without him. It was really moving that you guys did that tribute to him with the flautist - I forgot, what's her name? She did a wonderful job, it moved me to tears!

As for the rain, if people stayed just a day longer (like I had to), they would've been treated to brilliant sunshine in Bergen's city center on Monday! No joke!
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
kjetiln
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by kjetiln »

Her name is Mira Thiruschelvam. She played the flute on the original recording of Wastelands Loader on Ninja Musicology as well.
We all missed Ben!
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by LaLa »

|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

BiT Bergen was an awesome event. Props to Bård and Jarle for setting it up. Was cool to meet people in the scene face-to-face!
Check out my website.