Matt Gray Produced Box Set

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Ninja Sounds
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Matt Gray Produced Box Set

Post by Ninja Sounds »

Mayhem wrote:Liking what I've heard so far quite a bit :D
Thanks Mayhem.There's more to come.
Ninja Sounds
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ninja Sounds »

John64 wrote:Hi Matt. I also registered here to show my interest in your cool project. This must be the most exciting C64 related news of the year!

In the past I have played Last Ninja 2 to death, and not in the last place because of the great music. I still play the game occasionally on my C64 setup. There are some levels that I can complete really fast like for example the sewers level. In this level I always wait with killing the alligator at the end because I first want to hear the complete music (the ending part is awesome). In fact the whole soundtrack is awesome and imo the best on the C64 :)

The preview sound great so the expectations will be high :)

It's cool to have you back. Good luck with the project!

John
Hi John. It's certainly exciting all round and thanks for the accolade of best c64 soundtrack. That's very cool to hear.

I'm glad it's all finally underway, cos you never really know what somethings going to turn out like until it's in production.

All the best

Matt
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Hello Matt. :)

First of all, the preview you've so far released sounds exactly awesome (as I've already commented in FB). As I've done a couple of remixes of your tracks many many years ago, this news of you re-inventing your original tracks, while retaining the intended original soundscape/atmosphere, is just bloody great 8) I will definitely be interested in funding a (Kickstarter) project created by you. I've already flooded my SID-loving friends with your preview at work&home :D

Thank you for returning to the scene of SID-music, and taking the time to revisit your works, that represent the very essence of the SID "sound" that formed "the soundtrack of the youth & childhood" for many of us here. :)

Take care,
Toni C (ferrara)
Ninja Sounds
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ninja Sounds »

Ferrara wrote:Hello Matt. :)

First of all, the preview you've so far released sounds exactly awesome (as I've already commented in FB). As I've done a couple of remixes of your tracks many many years ago, this news of you re-inventing your original tracks, while retaining the intended original soundscape/atmosphere, is just bloody great 8) I will definitely be interested in funding a (Kickstarter) project created by you. I've already flooded my SID-loving friends with your preview at work&home :D

Thank you for returning to the scene of SID-music, and taking the time to revisit your works, that represent the very essence of the SID "sound" that formed "the soundtrack of the youth & childhood" for many of us here. :)

Take care,
Toni C (ferrara)
Hi Toni and thanks so much for kind comments. And thanks for spreading the word also.

It's been really cool revisiting the 64 tracks and trying to enhance their overall impact. So far it seems to be working and everyone seems pleased with the results.

The full version of Central Park Loader will be available from midnight tonight (about an hours time in fact) on bandcamp.com. I'll post the full link when it goes live on the facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/MattGrayC64

All the best

Matt
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LauriT »

Hi Matt,

Another fan of yours here to say that it's great to see you back. The new version of Central Park loader theme is fantastic. Perfect blend of old and new.

// Lauri
.. aka 'cirdan'
.. aka 'dreamtime'
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

I wonder, is there some place where I could register my e-mail in order to get informed about e.g. a start of a Kickstarter campaign? I wouldn't want to miss this box set, but at the same time, I am not willing to sacrifice my privacy to Facebook.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You could keep an eye out in this very forum, Pepak!

Also, are you on the C64Audio.com email list? They will get notified also.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

I am keeping an eye, but I keep forgetting. It wouldn't be the first game soundtrack recording that I missed :-(
But I do hope I am at the C64audio.com e-mail list. I will check. EDIT: Aparently, I am on the list, if "I am happy to receive occasional emails about C64 music related things" is it.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

email me at chris@c64audio.com and I'll make sure you're notified. Also, it will be announced on Twitter, but do you have the same problem with them as Facebook?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

Yes indeed.
oct

Post by oct »

One more option for pepak: Facebook rss-feed:
https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php ... 0002049930

No need to register/log in.
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by pepak »

Thanks, appreciate it.
Puffy64

Post by Puffy64 »

Hi Matt Gray,

it´s like having Eastern and x-mas at once for me, see you´re back into "visible" public and answering all the questions to all those enthusiastic fans. Fist of all, thank you so much on your tunes. Especially the Last Ninja 2, which I consider as my always Top 1 soundtrack on C64. I´m looking forward for your upcoming work and will spread the word about your kickstart project. When I did my remixes about your great LN2 in 2000/2001 I´ve been searching for you, but did not succeed as so many also. My sorrys to the poor Mr. Matt Gray in US which for sure got also an "Hey, is it you?!" e-mail from me also, but cheers for posting into this forum/thread. Great!
Beside of the poor sound quality of my Last Ninja 2 CD, did I hit the point a bit, interpreting your LN2 songs with heavy guitars? I was a bit sad listening to your teaser figuring out, you´ll perhaps remake the LN2 tunes without any (distorted) guitars?! On the other hand I have to say I´m pretty happy to hear, the SID-sound still is the main attraction. Argh. How to put all the great gaming memories/record LN2 on C64 to audio-tape from TV sessions into few lines. Impossible. Just want to say: Thank you so much for diving into scene and provide so many cool stories about your work(s). I bow to you :worship: and send good luck for your Box Set.
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

This one is still one of the best remixes ever made for The Last Ninja 2. You did a great job! I think after your "little break" of just 11 years it's time for a new one, isn't it? The kids should be old enough now so that their father can do some remixing again. :wink:
Ninja Sounds
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ninja Sounds »

Puffy64 wrote:Hi Matt Gray,

it´s like having Eastern and x-mas at once for me, see you´re back into "visible" public and answering all the questions to all those enthusiastic fans. Fist of all, thank you so much on your tunes. Especially the Last Ninja 2, which I consider as my always Top 1 soundtrack on C64. I´m looking forward for your upcoming work and will spread the word about your kickstart project. When I did my remixes about your great LN2 in 2000/2001 I´ve been searching for you, but did not succeed as so many also. My sorrys to the poor Mr. Matt Gray in US which for sure got also an "Hey, is it you?!" e-mail from me also, but cheers for posting into this forum/thread. Great!
Beside of the poor sound quality of my Last Ninja 2 CD, did I hit the point a bit, interpreting your LN2 songs with heavy guitars? I was a bit sad listening to your teaser figuring out, you´ll perhaps remake the LN2 tunes without any (distorted) guitars?! On the other hand I have to say I´m pretty happy to hear, the SID-sound still is the main attraction. Argh. How to put all the great gaming memories/record LN2 on C64 to audio-tape from TV sessions into few lines. Impossible. Just want to say: Thank you so much for diving into scene and provide so many cool stories about your work(s). I bow to you :worship: and send good luck for your Box Set.
Hi Puffy. Thanks, it's been great finding so many fans out there.

I haven't ruled out distorted guitars totally, though there are power chords in the remake I did, but I'll be using them mainly where I originally wanted to have them. Some of my synth patterns have been interpretated as guitar parts, which is fine,but often they were not mean't to be, especially the constant 16ths ones which as you may know are very difficult to play bang in time at pace on the axe :)

The Sewers will have heavy gits though because that's what I intended. :)

Check out the pre-Kickstarter campaign promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmBWUW_pCe0

All the best

Matt