C64Audio.com returns 11th April!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Chris Abbott wrote:
I'd like to say that Omoroca has been a good customer over the years, so he's not just after the free stuff without supporting the site.

Chris
you make it sound like hes the only person whos supported the site
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Oh, FFS, Steve. I wrote that to make it clear that the person asking for "all the free stuff" actually wasn't a sponger really... it wasn't even near my mind to imply no one else was supporting the site! I just didn't want to imply that Omoroca was a worthless sponger.

Just for the record, Steve is also a good customer, mentions C64Audio.com, did a nice spanky banner, has supported BIT Live, has bought CDs and downloads (and ringtones) and has generally been very supportive despite limited funds and increasingly trying personal circumstances. The previous list of things is probably incomplete due to rather stressful circumstances at the moment killing my long-term memory.

Anyone else want a testimonial? Aren't customers supposed to write stuff about shops rather than the other way round? I guess this is that new "Shop 2.0" I've been hearing about...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

oo-er sorry chris, didnt mean to pee u off, was only saying - i'll shoosh my face now. :oops:
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

@Chris
If you insist on showing the paid stuff, here's an idea for a different feature: "What's new since my last visit"

That would have an RSS feed character instead of a labyringhte character.

My problem is just: I always feel like I may have missed something, but on the other hand I don't want to browse the entire shop each time I visit.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:@Chris
If you insist on showing the paid stuff, here's an idea for a different feature: "What's new since my last visit"

That would have an RSS feed character instead of a labyringhte character.

My problem is just: I always feel like I may have missed something, but on the other hand I don't want to browse the entire shop each time I visit.
What if I turned the entire list of tracks on products into an RSS feed?

Chris
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Chris Abbott wrote:What if I turned the entire list of tracks on products into an RSS feed?

Chris
Is that a serious question? That would be a hell of a great feature. I'd be the first to subscribe.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:What if I turned the entire list of tracks on products into an RSS feed?

Chris
Is that a serious question? That would be a hell of a great feature. I'd be the first to subscribe.
Me and LMan are working on it now.

Chris
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

I was just thinking... instead of stopping you from buying something, would it not be better to still change the button, and clicking on it lets you order a replacement or extra orders? I was thinking this because sometimes your CDs can get damaged/destroyed and you may want to get one to replace it. As far as I know though, the downloadable content wouldn't suffer from such an issue, so perhaps the greying out could apply for downloadable orders instead?

Just a few thoughts, albeit a little incoherant, seeing as I'm not up long!