C64Audio.com returns 11th April!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm relying on everyone here to big the shop up, tell friends, etc... people don't need to be ashamed that it's a commercial service: it's doing a damn sight better thing than iTunes... and I really need the word of mouth. I've been around so long I seem to have become like wallpaper, and I need at least some people to notice the wallpaper has changed into lickable cheese fabric. Or... er... something like that. Blog about me! Talk about me! Shout me from the rooftops. oo-er, don't I sound desperate...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:I'm still hanging onto the handwritten letter explaining the CD you wrote me: I think I might scan it ;-)
Hahaha! I don't even remember what I wrote, I'm sure it's a load of ramblings. And I seem to remember some small people I drew on each page of the letter. :D

I've been going through what I have on the harddrive of the binary baby stuff, and it's not much. Had a HD failure a while back, but I'll have to look through my back ups. May be some goodies on there.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Chris Abbott wrote:I'm relying on everyone here to big the shop up, tell friends, etc... people don't need to be ashamed that it's a commercial service: it's doing a damn sight better thing than iTunes... and I really need the word of mouth. I've been around so long I seem to have become like wallpaper, and I need at least some people to notice the wallpaper has changed into lickable cheese fabric. Or... er... something like that. Blog about me! Talk about me! Shout me from the rooftops. oo-er, don't I sound desperate...

Chris
Im doing all that on my podcast shows for you, for my loyal Fan(s?)....
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

@Chris: Added your shop to the list of the shop where I do an internship right now. They have a load of unusual stuff, so why not C64 remixes and the like.

And when I get a job, I'll buy the heck out of your shop.
Hahaha...hmpf...
All is lost.
Andy1977

Post by Andy1977 »

@Chris: What do you accept as proof, that I´ve bought a LOT of your stuff from your old shop or from SynSoniq? As far as I remember, I never made an official account on c64audio... don´t even remember, if this even was possible(?) According to the invoices from High Technology Publishing, I had (have?) two different Customer Numbers...

But I could scan nearly every invoice, I´ve found (only Karma und BIT2 missing...). Or maybe I could make a picture of my collection ;) I´m really interested in the bonus stuff and also, I will buy the ´new´ releases, like FTC or the ´what could have been´ Back in Time 4 previews... but please be patient: You started your new shop on the day of my thirtieth birthday, where I already spent quite some money ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Andy1977 wrote:@Chris: What do you accept as proof, that I´ve bought a LOT of your stuff from your old shop or from SynSoniq? As far as I remember, I never made an official account on c64audio... don´t even remember, if this even was possible(?) According to the invoices from High Technology Publishing, I had (have?) two different Customer Numbers...

But I could scan nearly every invoice, I´ve found (only Karma und BIT2 missing...). Or maybe I could make a picture of my collection ;) I´m really interested in the bonus stuff and also, I will buy the ´new´ releases, like FTC or the ´what could have been´ Back in Time 4 previews... but please be patient: You started your new shop on the day of my thirtieth birthday, where I already spent quite some money ;)
Well, all emails will be considered :) I've almost finished retrofitting people's previous orders into the shop, so I'll be sending out a mail to all previous customers on Monday with their details of how to log in and collect all the bonus stuff for what they've already bought. I'm desperately hoping that my "generous" business model won't prove to be my "fatal" business model... it would be a sad truth about the world to learn if it was the case.

Chris
Andy1977

Post by Andy1977 »

@Chris: I really would pay for the bonus stuff... if it wasn´t spread out through nearly every album, I´ve already paid for :) Maybe you could offer some kind of bonus stuff-bundle... for that, I would pay surely some money :)

Generally: I believe, you need really new stuff. Your shop idea is neat, but who will now pay for it, who didn´t bought the real albums before? The problem is: Nearly everybody, who knows about the new c64audio.com has known the old one before...

Maybe I can provide an article for a german website, but I don´t want to promise that... have to discuss this first with the chief editor :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Generally: I believe, you need really new stuff.

Well, FTC is new (and seems to have passed right underneath the radar, though originally I planned to remix the disk 1 tracks myself for release), and there IS new stuff incoming (both digital and in real CD form, such as Reyn's CD). Plus it needs new customers, which means responsibility on me, but also responsibility on everyone here who wants it to survive to be proud of what the scene has going for it and to evangelise about it, write about it, and just gosh darn it say nice things about it. I get the feeling some people are embarrassed about it: even the remixers who are on CD tend not to encourage people to buy their work on CD, and since I'm a low key kind of guy no one ends up talking about it.

Also, there are lots of people who didn't buy the CDs before: some CDs have sold relatively poorly (even ones you'd think would have sold many hundreds). All I used to hear was that it was a pain to have to buy CDs and wait for delivery, so people weren't buying so much. Every time I try to give people what they want, people change what they want. It's incredibly disheartening... 10 times as many people bought BIT 1 as have bought more recent CDs. BIT 1 sold 30 times as much as Revival ST did.

Flogging a dead horse? If we don't get some new visitors fairly sharpish, I think it might be. This is why I put the referer function in. Any C64Audio.com customer can get credit for orders made by people they refer. The hope is that this will encourage people, if they're not going to do it out of the goodness of their hearts, to publicise the site so they can get something out of it...

Meanwhile, anything anyone can do to help out here with articles, blogging, telling friends, selling Pizza, whoring, etc, would be hugely appreciated. And probably rewarded with downloads!

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Heh, thanks Andy :)
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

What if I bought the Visa Röster CDs directly from Mahoney? Will you grant me access anyway? ;-)

Or isn't there any bonus material for these?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

No bonus material I'm aware of: talking of which, I owe Pex a little something which I can pay now... I'm not selling VR online ATM because it hasn't been discussed with him.

Chris
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

While Omoroca did put a I'm-kidding-you-know smiley after his inquiry, it does raise an interessting point.

If you have bonus material available for an album it would be downright silly (as opposed to generous) to give it away to people who got the material from a different vendor. After all, you're rewarding people for purchasing CDs from you, not for purchasing from someone else.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:While Omoroca did put a I'm-kidding-you-know smiley after his inquiry, it does raise an interessting point.

If you have bonus material available for an album it would be downright silly (as opposed to generous) to give it away to people who got the material from a different vendor. After all, you're rewarding people for purchasing CDs from you, not for purchasing from someone else.
Well, I'm not exactly raiding Synsoniq's database :) The only retrofitting I'm doing is for the customers I know about. I'm willing to listen to other "pleas" :)

Frankly, the cost of the digital download is so cheap, people should just buy it if they want the bonuses and aren't already entitled to them... but of course some people will always want to use my good deeds against me... ("how much without the bonuses?'). Or feel somehow cheated if what they've bought happens to be something they already have... even if they would have been prepared to pay the same price with those things taken away...

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris has been very generous to me in the past and I'm amazed he continues to do so....well I hope he continues to do so :)

If I could afford it, I would buy every single Item on Chris's site. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Aw, thanks :)

Have now retrofitted everyone's orders dating back to 4th January 2005. I had to create new C64Audio accounts, but anyone who has ordered from C64Audio.com in the last two years should check to see if their order password is registered and get a password reminder: though the mailshot will also be sending out that info to people.

Retrofitting before that is more difficult... but will be done (but I probably won't be transferring orders and order detail information, just owned product data).

I bet I've cocked up somewhere...

(edit: I have, for some reason the shop like Jan RKO so much it keeps giving him stuff...)

Chris