the Blithe, the Blend & the Bizarre

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chris Abbott wrote:You can catch previews at http://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=PP004
If it's available for pre-order already, you might want to stick a link for it on the front page of C64Audio.com. :)

Also, Reyn was good enough to send me an advance copy of some of the tracks. Tune into the next C64 Take-away (which I just recorded) to hear it. Just need to do some minor post-production adjustments, so it should be out sometime tomorrow.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm getting round to a change in the front menus on that page, to differentiate between "C64 Remixes", "Chipmusic" and "Original Music" and "Browse Tracks" only... and then have more CDs on each page. The difference between C64 Remixes and Artist CDs is a bit forced.

So that was waiting until the various other albums I'm "releasing" were uploaded and ready.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Good news everybody! BBB, the CD, arrived with me earlier than expected, and so is definitely going to be at the event :) And it looks gorgeous!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Brilliant covers of a nice selection of SIDs!
Ghosts'n Goblins just felt so natural sounding this way, just great.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Looking forward to hearing it, loved the nexus albums so have high hopes for this.

not going to listen to the snippets cos that ruins things for me ^^
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

i'll have to wait until july before I can buy it - but it will be mine...oh yes it will be mine :)
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Post by Liontamer »

I just noticed LaLa's new album review for The Blithe, the Blend & the Bizarre via the front page, so I blogged about it. Please leave some comments over at the blog; I'd be glad to read 'em!

The previews for the album sound excellent, and I hope sales have gone well so far, Reyn.
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: the Blithe, the Blend & the Bizarre

Post by weblaus »

I actually feel sad having to type this...

After somehow completely missing the fact that this album has been available for a while, by coincidence I saw it at this year's Games Convention symphonic concert (which by the way was great and included both Amiga and C64 medleys done very well, though I seem to remember the announcer forgot to include Paul Norman in the composer's list for the C64 one) and picked it up there along with the new Hülsbeck album.

I decided to hold back listening to it until my 5-hour-drive back home at the end of the Games Convention... which was yesterday.

Unfortunately, much as I enjoy Reyn's other CDs, I don't find any access at all to this one. I'm not really sure why... the track selection is a good mix of well-known classics and other stuff, so I guess it's the way they're interpreted. It feels raw, loud and hits my nerves somehow. I hope others feel differently as I'd like Reyn to be successful again, but for me, it's just not working :(
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re:

Post by LMan »

Liontamer wrote:I just noticed LaLa's new album review for The Blithe, the Blend & the Bizarre via the front page, so I blogged about it. Please leave some comments over at the blog; I'd be glad to read 'em!

The previews for the album sound excellent, and I hope sales have gone well so far, Reyn.
Thanks for the cool blog entry! :)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

weblaus wrote: Unfortunately, much as I enjoy Reyn's other CDs, I don't find any access at all to this one. I'm not really sure why... the track selection is a good mix of well-known classics and other stuff, so I guess it's the way they're interpreted. It feels raw
I think that's the actual beauty of the whole album, actually. However, as they say, one man's meat is another man's poison, and clearly something hit a nerve with you there.

Reyn himself mentioned to me ages ago that he wanted it to sound fun, and I think that's why it might sound a bit loud at times for you. But at least you were willing to give it a listen, and that's no bad thing.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

This is a very fun album with dosent sound very much whith other albums as well. It very unique. My favorit track is might been Fruitbank here.

Another funny thing, is French Frittes tune is also used in the game, Drelbs, which is a cover of a classic song by Robert Schumann (seen in STIL.TXT). Otherwice its a great coved tune. For some reason, it does not state it in STIL about French Frittes about it, even these two tunes is very closly.....

The reverb on some tunes can been to much, but it is just a minor flaw and does not count as a downside.