If you go down to the Swedish woods today... (Episode #39)

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

If you go down to the Swedish woods today... (Episode #39)

Post by merman »

...you'll see Jan Lund Thomsen on holiday, recording Episode #39 of the C64Takeaway Podcast! Yay!

http://c64takeaway.com

Enjoying it right now, although there is one thing, Jan - the volume of the 'cast is really low, and I've had to turn up my speakers REALLY LOUD to hear you. Good job no-one else is home! :duh:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
annablack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: If you go down to the Swedish woods today... (Episode #39)

Post by annablack »

Hurrah! Awesome :lol: listening now!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Blimey! I don't even get to catch up on the forum before someone posts about the new episode. Thanks Andrew. :D

I did notice that the volume level was lower than usual when I finally got the track onto my iPod for a test spin, but at least the speech and the music volume didn't seem to be too far apart to completely wreck the enjoyment of it.

Also, Garageband '06 might be very nice for assembling bits into a complete show, but if it has the ability to apply a compressor/normalizer post-recording I didn't find it. (at least the newly released '08 version is supposed to give you better control of the output)

It was a fun little experiment, but I think I'll be back on my usual hardware/software setup next time. :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Good news, everyone!

I hadn't gotten around to deleting the project file yet, so after a bit of moving sliders, pushing buttons, and uploading files there's now a fixed version available And best of all: if you're subscribed using a podcast-catching app it should automagically pull in the improved version next time you check for new episodes.
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

Thanks Jan, so much easier to listen to it now. I tried to listen to the earlier version and was scared shitless when i put the 'normal' stereo on after :lol:
!BLEAAAUUUHHH