Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Post by Chris Abbott »

mahen wrote:Chris : is it me or did you forget to put Immortal 4 on the front page of c64audio.com ? :-)
Uh? When I wrote the post above, it most definitely was, but now you mention it... I have a horrible feeling that during a recent server move the page might have reverted... erk...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

lem79 wrote:RE the piracy though .. free exposure/advertising? I would think your loyal fanbase would be purchasing the CDs (like I did), and the piracy side of things might actually represent increased opportunity for sales, rather than lost sales.. who knows for sure though? I like my glass to be half full :)
To be honest, I rather believe that opportunity makes a thief... and there are obviously a lot more opportunities now than there used to be a couple of years ago. Free exposure and advertising is a good thing though, and I usually don't mind single tracks being uploaded to Youtube (as long as a link to MAZ or the "Immortal" website is included in the description at least). However, I do not consider an archive containing the whole album in FLAC on some filesharing website to be free advertising for the project.
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

To show you guys I have indeed been working on the CD, I squeezed some of the later work into a small teaser. Not all tunes from the medleys are present, partly because I didn't want to reveal too much and some are not ready.
The quality on the MP3 was kind of broken since I (by mistake) edited the MP3 itself and re-saved it so it was compressed twice... something like that. Didn't bother to redo the clip since I spent some time on it already. You get the picture anyway. As usual, the tunes are in beta state, meaning I might change a few minor things for the realease.
4 tunes for the Hippel Medley left and some polishing and I'm done, yay.

You can check it out on http://www.irsounds.com/ or listen to the mp3 directly below.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Thanks for the update, guys!
All is lost.
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LauriT »

Really looking forward to the new IR cd, Martin. I like the teasers you have posted. Hearing Laserdance/spacesynth influences there with more oooomph :cheers:
.. aka 'cirdan'
.. aka 'dreamtime'
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

While Martin is still busy finishing his album, here are a few more reviews of "Immortal 4" that have appeared on the net: Jayson Napolitano wrote a really nice article about volumes 3 and 4 titled "Music That Just Won't Die" for Original Sound Version. Chris Greening gave "Immortal 4" a 9 out of 10 in his review for Square Enix Music Online - the album was even among their nominees of the Annual Game Music Awards 2011 in the Best Remix Album category. Jonathan Leo Toyad recognized "Immortal 4" in his article "Sound Byte: The Best of 2011" for Gamespot. The album also made it to the front cover of issue #93 of Amiga Future (which features an in-depth review by Georg Breitsprecher).
Attachments
amigafuture.jpg
amigafuture.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 56841 times
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

And so the mastering is done.
Holger Lagerfeldt did a great job mastering, forging the remixes into a fantastic remix CD.
We are currently working on the cover art.
Some small parts of the puzzle remains but count on a release this year.
nummer2
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by nummer2 »

Hell Yeah! Im waiting for your CD for so long now. All Teasers were fantastic. Your Sound is so oldschoolish and still new. I can tell you i buy it for 100%.
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Cool, nummer2, that is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Olskoolish but still new :)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Instant Remedy "Insert Disk 2"

Post by Jim Power »

Believe it or not, but the new Instant Remedy album "Insert Disk 2" can finally be pre-ordered from Dutch label 010101 Music! Featuring 76+ minutes of remixed music from the Commodore Amiga era, the album was expertly mastered by Holger Lagerfeldt and is set to premiere June 20th at Back in Time Brighton. "Insert Disk 2" will be available as a digipak and on a variety of download platforms. Check out the tracklist below:

01. Battle Squadron "Ingame" (Klaren) 4:36
02. Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 (Leitch) 5:00
03. Paranoimia Cracktro "Ready" (Cage) 4:07
04. Seven Gates of Jambala (Hippel) 4:14
05. Jochen Hippel Megamix (Hippel) 13:58
06. Lost Patrol (Glaister) 5:32
07. Project X (Brimble) 4:00
08. Chris Huelsbeck Megamix (Huelsbeck) 17:06
09. Battle Squadron "Game Over" (Klaren) 4:57
10. Full Contact (Brimble) 4:12
11. Turrican "The Tower" (Huelsbeck) 3:43
12. Pinball Dreams "Nightmare" (Gustafsson) 4:25