New Back in Time Live - Sep 15th 2013, Manchester

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

New Back in Time Live - Sep 15th 2013, Manchester

Post by Chris Abbott »

Tickets: http://bit.ly/11cOnpI

Back in Time Live is back in Manchester on September 15th, in co-operation with Retro Revival, SceneSat and the Superbyte 2013 Festival!

Great live music, Oscar awards for gaming and general SID awesomeness... and more! Even if you can't make it, the event will be live-streamed on SceneSat Radio.

Watch legends such as Jeroen Tel and 8-Bit Weapon do their 8-bit thing on stage!

Compete for "Oscars" on Pitstop II, IK+, BMX Simulator, Microprose Soccer and Hypersports!

Jam with remixers and musicians in our music space, where Chris Abbott will be playing remix tracks and bits to jam to. Can you pass the Lightforce riff challenge?

Spot Thing on a Spring during the day for entry into a prize draw! Guest star and event mascot "Thing on a Spring" (the only remaining plushie of his kind) will be attending complete with handlers John and Stephanie. If you see him (careful, he's small!) you get a free ticket to a draw for one-off Thing on a Spring merchandise!

Bid in our charity auction, where one-of-a-kind items such as the master copies of the Back in Time CDs, a one-of-a-kind Sid-Synth-Guitar, a fully loaded Quadrasid, signed sheet music (TBC), and the "last-in-the-world" copies of out of print CDs.

There will also be CD shops.

NOTE: while the acts are confirmed, and we're trying to make it as awesome as possible, we can't guarantee the appearance of any person or group at the event due to, y'know, life stuff.

All proceeds are going to a charitable cause guaranteed to warm the heart. More details on request.

The event is organised by Paul "Danceaway" Hesford, Chris "C64Audio" Abbott and Chris Wilkins. Visit his Retro Revival event May 18th/19th if you get the chance!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Re: New Back in Time Live - Sep 15th, Manchester

Post by Subzero »

if i hadnt booked transport etc for play expo in october i'd be allover this man, guess im gonna have to watch the live stream instead :(

good luck im sure it'll be a huge success!!!
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I will definitely see if I can make it :)

Whereabouts in Manchester is it being held btw?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Bear in mind that the venue is actually in Oldham and not Manchester - there is a difference, you know.

Anyway, a few things to bear in mind, especially if you're travelling from distance or even planning to stay in Manchester and commute there:
  • The quickest buses from central Manchester are the 181 and 182 buses, which heads down Oldham Road, Broadway and turns right down Middleton Road with a bus stop very close to the venue (almost opposite). However, the last bus back on a Sunday night is at 10.29pm so a 10pm finish might be easier for people getting home.

Full timetable here: http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/Ro ... %20X82.pdf
  • There is hotel accommodation close(ish) to the venue, one of the cheapest being the Travelodge Oldham Chaddeton, which is at the end of Broadway - it's a short(ish) walk to the venue from there. For those of you not used to them, they're cheap and cheerful chain of hotels which are functional for crashing out. If you want something a bit nicer, there's a Premier Inn just outside of Oldham town centre but it is more expensive.
  • If you're planning to stay in Manchester, there's lots of choice including Premier Inn and Travelodge as mentioned above, but also the likes of Ibis, Novotel etc too. If you want something a little different, Roomzzzzz apartment hotel is maybe more the thing where you rent apartments for the night instead of a hotel room..
  • For those flying into Manchester, there's direct trains to Manchester Piccadilly train station from Manchester Airport, or alternatively the 43 or 105 buses also take you to Manchester Piccadilly bus station.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Now that I'm slowly thinking about organising how to get there... if I chose to stay at said Chaddeton Travelodge, then the best travel suggestion is train to Manchester Piccadilly, and then a bus to the venue?
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Mayhem, yes this is the best way and as Waz states above the best bus is either 181 - 182 which you can catch not far from the train station,
head towards Piccadilly gardens mate.

Look forward to meeting you again on the day :wink:

Paul
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

In my case, it will probably have to be train up on the Saturday, and go home on the Monday. I'll look at how much trains cost *shudder*
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Not too much if you book in advance, I think.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Having had a look, no different to before (as in, about 75 quid)...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

cant make it due to going to play expo in October :(
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Well time is ticking down to the 10th anniversary of Back in Time Live 2013........
This concert, well a full day of gaming comps - beeeeeeeeeeeeeers - then the night concert is going to be a VERY SPECIAL EVENT :D

So if you want to come along and enjoy one fantastic C64 RETRO DAY where you could not only win a Oscar trophy but also enjoy some amazing live performances....
Then head over to http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... GIaAD3&s=1 for your tickets..... :D

If you have not already viewed the promo video then head over to hear..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIoefJvUmyo

This is going to be one amazing live event guys...... J - Tel LIVE :cheers: .....
This is going to be one of the best B.I.T Live events ever.....

Day event,

Play classic games to win an amazing Oscar C64 trophy !!!! :D
Lots of beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer..... free food !!!! :cheers:

Then around 6pm ish we kick start the night event, and what a line up we have for you guys.....

I promise this is going to be one of the BEST B.I.T LIVE EVENTS EVER !!!!!!!!!........ :worship:

Well first off, I've been working my arse off doing my brand new 45 minute C64 mix..... frickin hard I TELL THEE :nod: But it will be worth it..... :D
We have J - Tel with an amazing C64 mix, plus 8BIT Weapon & ComputHer - plus others on the day.....

ONE AMAZING WEEKEND WHEN YOU TAKE IN SUPERBYTE 2013 ON THE THURSDAY - FRIDAY & SATURDAY........

GO buy your ticket guys........ http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... GIaAD3&s=1

See u all soon for a FRICKIN AMAZING C64 CONCERT :cheers:

Paul
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Everything's booked now (event ticket, hotel, train), so I guess you will be seeing me there ;)

(even managed to get the train tickets for £25 which was a massive discount from when I first looked)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Cool! We still need the word spreading, of course. Mat, could we mention it to Retro Gamer?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

This is exciting stuff :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120