Best moment of the event ...........

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Matrix wrote:I wanted a chat with slaygon lol
He is easily rec!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Yeah i know - but i meant like - in person - ya know ... like here on this board, ur interesting, in a real life face to face meeting you were a scream !! :D - life n soul of the table :D

Text is a very cold medium .....
Yodelking
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Yodelking »

Best moments... hmm... I have plenty! ;)

Airport in Malmö: I showed Pex the Break Dance moves from the Epyx games, and a guy approached us: "You guys are going to Back in Time, right?". (That was Makke, btw).

Way to the rehersals: Someone shouted: AAAH! Check that out, pointing on a big sign on a wall saying "Triad". "OHH we gotta take photos.."
Then we walked another 5 minutes, and we saw a big sign on a wall saying "FairLight". (That must mean we were on the right way...) ;)

Rehearsals on Friday: Andreas, Mark, Ben, Reyn and Marcel played halfway into a song, then Ben shouts: Hold it, hold it.. then they discussed how to to play the rest of the tune. The like release the "pause" button, they continued exactly where they stopped. Sounded quite funny, and I started to understand how really good the concert would be.

BIT during the day: Lala and I went to the front of the Brighton Centre, and tell people our entrance was at the back. There was a long que at front, and we didn't want people standing there for hours, and then they would realise they were in the wrong place... Anyway, seeing people from about 100 metres, we started saying: "He must be a c-64 guy, just look at the clothes, and how he walks".. and so on. Standing in the front for more than one hour, showing at least 50 people to the backside, I only guessed wrong 2 times. So conclussion: We are geeks! ;)
This guessing gave me and Lala a lot of good laughs.

Concert: Synth hitting the floor, and Hubbard still standing up, bending forward and starting to play Thing on a Spring. Mark playing Monty so good it gave me the goosebumps. The whole concert was fantastic, really!

Break Dance compo: Hmm.. best part wasn't that we won. The best part was that they just said: "Yodelking get on stage", so there was really no time to get nervous! (Pheuw!)

What more can I say? This was the best Bit so far, and I had a lovely time there, got some new friends, got memories for life!
Meeting Barry Leitch also was worth the whole trip, and as he's now making music for "Fisher Price" toys, he gave me two really nice ones with his music! I will save them for my future kids, that's for sure.

Thanks a lot to Chris for everything, and thanks to you all for being so warm and friendly persons!
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Yodelking wrote:Meeting Barry Leitch also was worth the whole trip, and as he's now making music for "Fisher Price" toys, he gave me two really nice ones with his music! I will save them for my future kids, that's for sure.
I found a leftbehind baseball cap with Fisher Price on it after all had been cleaned up, could it have been Barry's? Damn, shoulda kept it ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It was Barry's gift to Martin Galway: now I have it, so it's on its way there (slowly!).
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Best moments:

- Interviewing Rob after the concert
- The look of surprise on Boz's face when I asked him to autograph my copy of PROJECT GALWAY (which Martin then signed!)
- Paul Chapman buying me a drink on the Friday :lol:
- Watching Bog say goodbye to Mat Allen in his usual style
- Interviewing Marcel Donné, Fred Gray, Ben Daglish...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

merman wrote:- Paul Chapman buying me a drink on the Friday :lol:
My spanish doubloons gag could do with another airing methinks but I'll decline on the grounds of good taste :)

Paul
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Actually, it was two drinks :wink:

Somehow I seemed to keep ending up with drinks, yet I only bought a couple of rounds myself... I still owe Kenz and Natz a drink, because the bar shut on the Friday as I went up, and I didn't get to talk to them on the Saturday night.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live