Martin Walker...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> isn't the music in Barbarian 2 some kind of movie cover?

No, and Richard would give you a long hard glare for suggesting it!
Richard worked long and hard to create something that sounds like it's a movie soundtrack but isn't...

Chris
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Yes, RJ and Speedball 2.

I think Barbarian (2 ?) is based very heavily on one of the Conan films. Can't remember which one. I have them at home. Basil Poledkjdoahfobdb, the greek guy :P
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chris Abbott wrote:> isn't the music in Barbarian 2 some kind of movie cover?

No, and Richard would give you a long hard glare for suggesting it!
Indeed, and Richard knows how to glare, especially at Bouff!

He composed the music to Barbarian 2 in Ubik's Musik too, some feat considering the limitations of the editor, especially the vast amounts of raster time that it used (right Chris?)

Indeed in the STIL Richard mentions that he tried hard to get the original Barbarian music sounding like the themes from Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja etc (on request of Steve Brown, the game's programmer) and in my view he did a pretty good job in creating his own *original* piece of music. Respect to him for that.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

IMHO Richard was one of a few (like Dave Warhol) who did very most of their stuff thinking orchestrally. I talked to him at Brighton about this topic and he agreed. At the same point he confirmed me that he composed Barbarian 2 (I was asking myself all the time :) )
Markus
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

wazzaw wrote:He composed the music to Barbarian 2 in Ubik's Musik too, some feat considering the limitations of the editor, especially the vast amounts of raster time that it used (right Chris?)
Yea, he mentions that it was composed on Ubiks in the code IIRC cos I ripped it for my loaders collection disk.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

wazzaw wrote:Barbarian music sounding like the themes from Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja etc (on request of Steve Brown, the game's programmer)
Steve was actually the designer.