Great Giana Sisters (Wip 1)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Great Giana Sisters (Wip 1)

Post by Mordi »

http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/wor ... %20WIP.mp3

I think the part from around 02:22 to around 03:40 turned out really nice, but the rest kinda whiney. Maybe a bit too little variation in the unz-sections. I started it yesterday, so progression has been rapid.
Check out my website.
rogerxy
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Great Giana Sisters (Wip 1)

Post by rogerxy »

I loved this one, thank you very much! :thumbsup:
SkyMarshall Arts
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by SkyMarshall Arts »

Are you kidding? This is pretty awesome!
Giana Sisters are one of those songs I cant seem to remix WELL, it is to sad and weird for me.
This was a very different and nice take on it. So go on and spend a few more days on this and make it perfect.

The drums on 2:36 seemed a little strange to me when I first heard it though. Must have been the slow kick - kick - snare that cought me by surprise. But after the second listen it was no problem. Anyway, maybe build up the trancission so I (other people) will expect it more.

Other than that - I liked this one very much! :)

Edit: And who the hell is singing?
God created man
Man created machine
Machine created music

My Website | Discord | Spotify | YouTube | Remix64
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

SkyMarshall Arts wrote:Are you kidding? This is pretty awesome!
Giana Sisters are one of those songs I cant seem to remix WELL, it is to sad and weird for me.
This was a very different and nice take on it. So go on and spend a few more days on this and make it perfect.
The drums on 2:36 seemed a little strange to me when I first heard it though. Must have been the slow kick - kick - snare that cought me by surprise. But after the second listen it was no problem. Anyway, maybe build up the trancission so I (other people) will expect it more.
Other than that - I liked this one very much! :)
Edit: And who the hell is singing?
Thanks, SkyMarshall.

And about that drum-section: I find the odd drum-beat very interesting. It does take a while to get used to it, and its a bit surprising, but thats the beauty of it, for me. Not sure about what to do with the transitioning. The weirdness of it is sort of nice, to me.

The singer is Kate Lesing.
Check out my website.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I like this a lot... needs a little balancing on the tracks (occasionally some instruments seem too loud, and a few of the vocals almost get drowned out) but it's certainly a very promising start. It's gonna evoke some memories of PP, but it shows you're progressing and getting more confident in trying things out :)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...