Yet another music theif at work

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Yet another music theif at work

Post by Hazel »

Well.. Again someone thinks it's okay to download music, rename it and then call it your own..

This time it's a person called Sub Sonic..

This is his page at UpTrax.. http://uptrax.com/user/?id=27283

"The Palace" is in fact "Instant Remedy - Last Ninja (The Palace)", not much imagination in renaming the track here, huh ?

Well.. There are other tracks there as well. Sadly I can't recognize any of them right now.
The quality of the other tracks are very high which makes it suspicious that he then would steal Instant Remedy's track ?

If you could have a listen to the other tracks (remember to press "show all tracks") and see if you recognize any of them then please reply this thread..

It would be nice to have as much evidence as possible to present the UpTrax admin.. Even though I think this should be enough to ban that "artist".
-¤- SceneSat staff-member -¤-
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Yet another music theif at work

Post by FFRenzy »

This post reminded me of our old "friend" DJBalor, so i thoutght i'd google him again... and what do you think ? He's up to the same old stealing game, this time on NewGrounds : http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/230565

[edit] I've made an account on Newgrounds and contacted an admin there, also referring him to the old DjBalor thread.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Hazel »

FFRenzy wrote:This post reminded me of our old "friend" DJBalor, so i thoutght i'd google him again... and what do you think ? He's up to the same old stealing game, this time on NewGrounds
Jesus Christ... How stupid can a person be ?
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Hazel wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:This post reminded me of our old "friend" DJBalor, so i thoutght i'd google him again... and what do you think ? He's up to the same old stealing game, this time on NewGrounds
Jesus Christ... How stupid can a person be ?
Haven't we seen quite a few impressive levels of stupidity from time to time, though? :duh:
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Condor
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Condor »

FFRenzy wrote:This post reminded me of our old "friend" DJBalor, so i thoutght i'd google him again... and what do you think ? He's up to the same old stealing game, this time on NewGrounds : http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/230565

[edit] I've made an account on Newgrounds and contacted an admin there, also referring him to the old DjBalor thread.
It seems it didn't help...
Load that page, you'll hear "Only hate" by Dafunk.
I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Condor wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:This post reminded me of our old "friend" DJBalor, so i thoutght i'd google him again... and what do you think ? He's up to the same old stealing game, this time on NewGrounds : http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/230565

It seems it didn't help...
Load that page, you'll hear "Only hate" by Dafunk.
i know....haven't heard from newgrounds at all..but it's only been 1,5 days, so let's give them some time.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

My track was not as "commercial trance" as the others I listened to :) Sounded a litttle out of place there maybe.

I don't know if I bother doing anything about it right now. I'ts not that he is getting anything out of it more than false positive feedback and "praise" from his mates, which I have a hard time to believe is rewarding in the long run.
It's like winning monopoly money, you can't do anything with it.
Sooner or later he will get caught and his fans will probably not know where he went when he is shut down from the service.
But the admins should be notified, that's for sure. Stupid guys like him must be stopped.

How do you find all this stuff Hazel? :)
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Hazel »

Instant Remedy wrote:Sooner or later he will get caught and his fans will probably not know where he went when he is shut down from the service.
But the admins should be notified, that's for sure. Stupid guys like him must be stopped.
Couldn't agree more with you... I have informed the admin and awaits the answer.. Too bad I don't know the other of "his" tunes. Seems odd that he should have done them himself.
Instant Remedy wrote:How do you find all this stuff Hazel? :)
I have no life ? ;)
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Hazel »

Well.. Got the answer back from UpTrax... The track has been deleted and the 'artist' got a warning..
Too bad about the other tracks but at least Instant Remedy is yet again the one and only composer of this track.. ;)

The really sad deal about this is that Sub Sonic is/was one of our own people in this community.. http://www.remix64.com/member_sub_sonic.html

Anyway.. Case closed.. Nothing to see.. Move along..
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Yeah, I i think I have a memory of that name when you mention it...
I suppose he gets banned if any of his other tracks are recognized.

Thanks for the work Hazel