Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Post by LauriT »

This is great. Really looking forward to these cd's. I've been waiting for so long Martin/IR to release new remixes. Can't wait. I'm very excited that Lotus 2 and Project X will be included. Excellent choices :)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Here comes just a short reminder that our little "Immortal 4" competition (see above) is about to end in three days... to be honest, I haven't received a whole lot of answers until now, so why not give it a try? All you have to do is download the mp3 drum track and send me a PM with the title of the game. Come on ye game music experts - it's not that hard! :D
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jim Power wrote:Here comes just a short reminder that our little "Immortal 4" competition (see above) is about to end in three days... to be honest, I haven't received a whole lot of answers until now, so why not give it a try? All you have to do is download the mp3 drum track and send me a PM with the title of the game. Come on ye game music experts - it's not that hard! :D
Its one of those things, where you either know it or you dont, and going by just a drum track, does not make it any easier. I've listened to it over and over and over and I have no clue where its from.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Well...I just gave it a try...I'm not sure if my answer is correct, but somehow it sounds correct to me :D
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Well, I am thrilled to what that drums belong to. I have no clue. :duh:
All is lost.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

OK, so here is the solution to our little music quiz: The drum track from the mp3 preview belongs to... "LED Storm" by Tim Follin. Not too many board members submitted a proposal though... it seems the task was somewhat tougher than Jogeir and I had initially imagined. We have therefore decided to give away free downloads of "Out of Silence" to EVERYONE who was brave enough to participate in the compo - congratulations, guys!
:cheers:
rhenk

Post by rhenk »

Great news!! I own the Immortal CDs and was hoping to see a new one someday...
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Just in case you didn't see the announcement on the 'general conversation' board:

Jan Zottmann, executive producer of the acclaimed "Immortal" series (http://www.amiga-immortal.com) of CDs featuring arranged music from games released for the Commodore Amiga, and composer Jolyon Myers are looking for a talented arranger to work on a CD version of the music from the Amiga version of "Final Fight". The game was more or less a direct conversion of Capcom's arcade classic, but it featured an entirely different score written by Myers. You can download this music from http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Final_Fight or listen to it on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsVhlI3eH0).

Jan says: "This is your chance to become a member of the 'Immortal' team and publish your arrangement of 'Final Fight' on an album that features musicians such as Chris Huelsbeck, Andrew Barnabas, Allister Brimble, and many others". Participating artists are free to choose the style of the arrangement on their own, the final track should have a running time of at least 4 minutes though. Demos should be submitted in mp3 format to jzottmann(at)synsoniq.com no later than August 31. Jolyon Myers will personally select the best entry (and eventually give some input for the production of the final version which has to be submitted late September / early October 2009). Runner-ups will receive a credit in the CD booklet as well as a free copy of the "Immortal 4" album. There will also be an opportunity to present these arrangements on the AmigaRemix platform (http://www.amigaremix.com).

Jolyon says: "It's an honor that the Final Fight theme has been chosen for placement on the latest 'Immortal' CD as Jan has always brought together really talented musicians to re-create fantastic blasts from the past in a new and innovative way. I can't wait to hear what you guys do with this track and hopefully it will be you that gets your remix on the disc!" :D
Attachments
finalfight.png
finalfight.png (69.04 KiB) Viewed 49874 times
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

This sounds very promising :) Immortal 3 reached its paroxysm quality-wise, cannot wait for the fourth one :)

Please keep us updated !
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Now, finally my page is up and a Amiga remix teaser is also ready for everybody who is curious about the project.

Check it out at http://www.irsounds.com or just hit the Amiga Remix CD teaser direct link

Phew, the site was quite a hassle but these things takes time to get into. It's not ´97 anymore...
Big thanks to Hazel for helping me out with the webstuff.

I think I'm gonna post this in another part of the forum as well.
CZ Tunes
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CZ Tunes »

Reaaaaaly great. That sounds pure IR. Very very very good! :cheers:
I can't wait. ;)
And nice homepage. :)

Nice greets
CZ-Tunes
rhenk

Post by rhenk »

Sounds great!
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Cool you like it :) Although I've saved the sweetest parts for the CD.
rhenk

Post by rhenk »

That's great news. I'll buy it for sure :worship:
XtC

Post by XtC »

Ey up!
Jim Power wrote:OK, so here is the solution to our little music quiz: The drum track from the mp3 preview belongs to... "LED Storm" by Tim Follin. Not too many board members submitted a proposal though... it seems the task was somewhat tougher than Jogeir and I had initially imagined. We have therefore decided to give away free downloads of "Out of Silence" to EVERYONE who was brave enough to participate in the compo - congratulations, guys!
:cheers:
I guess it's easy to say I knew the answer after it was given, but since Jogeir has already covered much of Tim Follin's work in the past, in module form, I made an educated guess that it would be from L.E.D. Storm - and I haven't even listened to the music! :confusion:

<shameless advert>
It's a shame you didn't advertise this on ExoticA's forum too. Lots of Amiga music fans lurk there...
</shameless advert>

Of course, I'll be buying both albums. :worship:
Cheers!

Come visit ExoticA and help us expand! :)