Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Announcement: Instant Remedy / Immortal 4

Post by Jim Power »

Only a few more days to go...
Attachments
immortal4.jpg
immortal4.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 54764 times
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Nice! ... any word of FLAC downloads?
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

We are working on that, but I'm afraid the FLAC option will not be available until the second half of 2011. The good news is that volumes 1 and 2 are currently being prepared for a digital release as well - these have been out of print for quite some time. Studio wiz and former Amiga composer Rick Hoekman (http://www.audiomastering.nl) has carefully re-mastered both albums for that purpose.
Trueunborn
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Trueunborn »

Yeah Digital download would have been great for guys living in other countries and so eager to ear all those remixes :) Anyway i'll buy the cd as soon as it becomes available!
Thanx for the job and so many thanks for the wolfchild remix i suggested some years ago ^^.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Attachments
immortal4_set.jpg
immortal4_set.jpg (52.05 KiB) Viewed 54554 times
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Got it!
Congratulations for this baby!
All is lost.
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Got mine today, going to listen to it tomorrow. Thanks guys :)

So, Immortal 5 .. classic Amiga demo tunes? ;) :lol:
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Firstly, congrats on the release Jan :)

Secondly, I want to tell you what is happening with the IR Amiga Remix CD progress, from my news page:

"As I mentioned in the chatbox some time ago, the Hülsbeck Medley is finished and I have currently covered 6 out of 10 tunes from the Hippel Medley so far.
After finishing the Hippel Medley, all remixes are done - yay. But I'm not quite finished yet. I will do some minor rework on some of the remixes according to feedback and a few tweaks to the general sound. Since I haven't done anything serious in such a long time I have to spend some time trying to catch up with the latest sound techniques. This is the last polishing phase.

The estimated time for release is difficult to say. During this particular summer there are some pretty time consuming projects going on with our house and summertime is not the best time for music projects for me anyway. After the summer things should be good to actually wrap up this project once and for all.
After the CD release I should be up to date production- and mind-wise so I expect some smaller releases to pop up later on.

As I feel now, I never want to do another full CD. 3-4 years in the making without anything getting released is not acceptable in my world. Chopping the CDs into smaller releases is actually how I want to do it.
I'll have to check for other possibilities in the future."
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Good to hear IR, hopefully you can release late this year :) While it's nice to have physical media, I'd be happy with you selling me a bunch of FLACs :D
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

After listening Immortal 4 up and down several times now on my crappy equipment, I noticed a strange effect : on average, the whole project is rather high-pitched. You see, I'm partially hearing impaired and that pretty much kills midrange sounds, so I hear low and high frequencies better than the rest. My playback lacks in the bass-department. Anyone noticed this or is my audio equipment finally done for?
All is lost.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I finally managed to put up Immortal 4 on C64Audio.com! Chris Abbott in website update shocker!!!!

http://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=IMM4

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

Just dropping a few lines to tell Jan Immortal 4 is pretty amazing. Review incoming in a couple of weeks ;-)
Awesome work, congrats !
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Thank you for your kind words regarding the "Immortal 4" album. Actually, most of the feedback I have received so far has been very positive. Unfortunately, only reviews in German language seem to be available at the moment (check them out at 4Sceners, DemoNews and Der Hörspiegel), but I have been told that reviews in Swedish, Dutch, French, Italian and English language are currently being prepared... I will be sure to post them here as soon as they become available.

While sales of the new album have been decent so far, I am surprised how extensively niche products like this are getting pirated these days. It took only hours after the first bunch of CDs were shipped from MAZ before tracks appeared on Youtube, Rapidshare, Megaupload & elsewhere. Against this backdrop, I feel the need to say a big THANK YOU! to everyone who purchased the album. If you are planning to pick it up, "Immortal 4" is now available from MAZ Sound Tools, Amazon.de, C64 Audio, or synSONIQ Records.

However, if you would like to check out what the "Immortal" project is all about before spending your hard-earned cash on our CDs, I recommend downloading the BitJam podcast #136 - grab 79 minutes of music from the series legally and for free, including two full tracks from "Immortal 4" and a special bonus track by Tim Wright. Enjoy! :D
Attachments
podcast136.jpg
podcast136.jpg (88.47 KiB) Viewed 53995 times
lem79
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by lem79 »

Jim Power wrote:While sales of the new album have been decent so far, I am surprised how extensively niche products like this are getting pirated these days. It took only hours after the first bunch of CDs were shipped from MAZ before tracks appeared on Youtube, Rapidshare, Megaupload & elsewhere. Against this backdrop, I feel the need to say a big THANK YOU! to everyone who purchased the album.
Always a pleasure Jim. RE the piracy though .. free exposure/advertising? I would think your loyal fanbase would be purchasing the CDs (like I did), and the piracy side of things might actually represent increased opportunity for sales, rather than lost sales.. who knows for sure though? I like my glass to be half full :)
mahen
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mahen »

Chris : is it me or did you forget to put Immortal 4 on the front page of c64audio.com ? :-)