USB C64 Joystick adapter (for emulator)

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Nitz76
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

USB C64 Joystick adapter (for emulator)

Post by Nitz76 »

Hello there!

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a 36 years old engineer from Canada. I'm specialized in networking and electronic design.

Since i'm 8 years old, i'm a Commodre fan. The fan grew up but still, the passion is alive. :D

Trying my best to keep this platform running, even more and more away from the original hardware. I still own the real thing, but it's like getting my super 8 projector out of the closet to watch a movie. It's delicate and I don't want to break it. This is why I turned to emulation. :oops:

Doing my part for the retro community, I decided to build a full production of USB joystick adapter for Atari / Commodore compatible joysticks.

This adapter is recognized right a way by Windows and OSX and can be use with any emulator (CCS64 detect it np).

If you're interested, you can visit my website at http://www.retronicdesign.com/

Cheers!

Nitz76
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: USB C64 Joystick adapter (for emulator)

Post by Chris Abbott »

Cool.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

wow I sure would want one of this :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Awesomeness.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Another fellow Canadian :)

If you haven't already, I would recommend you post on TPUG - Toronto Pet User Group website/forums they are still very active and have monthly meetings. I'm sure would even
have you do a live presentation.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Nitz76 wrote:Doing my part for the retro community, I decided to build a full production of USB joystick adapter for Atari / Commodore compatible joysticks.
Back in April I bought a similar product from a chap in the UK via eBay - unfortunately it didn't work (well, the directions did - the fire button didn't), and it never made it back to the guy for a return. A month later later I got the package back, severely beaten, with a Royal Mail sticker on it saying that the guy never picked it up at his local post office. And since he hotglued everything together I couldn't be bothered to attempt to fix it myself. <Grumble, grumble.>

So I'm actually still in the market for a USB adapter - might give yours a shot. Even though I've since gotten hold of a 1541 Ultimate-II for my trusty breadbin, it's sometimes easier to turn to emulation for a quick go at an old game. Although it still doesn't feel right. :D
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Well, it's 'own risk' stuff buying from Ebay, though I don't think it's even half as risky as it was.

Own risk at the post office too - I've had packages mashed about and trodden on (complete with muddy footprint once) and the 'lads' just don't care if you complain. Registered courier is a better bet and proves that it is possible to take care of parcels if your job's more likely to hang on it.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Commie_User wrote:Own risk at the post office too - I've had packages mashed about and trodden on (complete with muddy footprint once) and the 'lads' just don't care if you complain. Registered courier is a better bet and proves that it is possible to take care of parcels if your job's more likely to hang on it.
Sounds like Royal Mail is fundamentally broken. Instead of demanding "protection money" to ensure safe passage, they should work on raising their standards.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Do you have experience with the german postal service ? Once they were real civil servants. A bit annoying sometimes but the mail got through. This changed a while ago and today, it seems that putting a "fragile" sticker on your parcel begging for careful treatment of the package is just asking for getting stomped on or attempts in record-breaking long throws. A lot of part-time workers. Especially around christmas. The magic of christmas in postal service is the miraculous dissappearance of tons of parcels.
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

It's because of the rise of internet shopping.
Nitz76
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Nitz76 »

LOL!!! :hysterical:

I think we are well served in Canada with our post. Aggressive competition with FED-EX, UPS, DHL, Purolator (subsidary of Canada Post), they don't have any choice.

My joystick adapter is not "basement made" like many others on eBay. PCB where factory built and tested before final assembly and programming. Our team built many many other products for the commercial and industrial market. I use this know-how to provide a ruggedized USB adaptor to my fellow retrogamers! :wink:

Thanks for your interest!

Nitz 8)

Here is what the board looks like:
No hotglue there :wink:
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

It's because of the rise of internet shopping.
Possibly. Once as I entered the sorting office to pick up a parcel, I overheard a couple of them bitching about all those extra packages they now had to deliver. And I thought it was their job.

(Would help if they DID deliver half of them. Many's the time I've had the 'please collect' card through my door when they couldn't be bothered to knock. Being redundant I'm in most of the time.)

Luckily, though, I've already had my big deliveries. I think.
Nitz76
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Nitz76 »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Hey!

This USB adapter makes a great gift for all your retro gaming friends on your list!

Retronic Desing offer a special price for the holidays:
25$ for one and 45$ for the dual pack.

We want to wish a very happy retro Christmas to all Commodore Remix members!

Nitz

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Cool. :)

PS: I'll be in St.Laurent, QC Tuesday & Wednesday.... looking forward to eating some poutine :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Nitz76
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Nitz76 »

Did you had a great time in "la belle province"??
Yup, poutine is good but try the "all dressed" one from "Rest-Poutine" in Blainville. It's good en tabarnak! :duh: